The NED Reagan Fascell Fellows Program offers a five-month fellowships for practitioners to improve strategies and techniques for building democracy abroad and five-month fellowships for scholars to conduct original research for publication. While in residence, fellows reflect on their experiences; engage with counterparts; conduct research and writing; consider best practices and lessons learned; and develop professional relationships within a global network of democracy advocates.
NED Reagan Fascell Fellows Program expect fellows to complete a written product relating to their proposed research project. The fellowship culminates in a formal presentation in which fellows typically focus on their research project or another topic relating to the state of democracy in their country.
All applicants of the NED Reagan Fascell Fellows Program should:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language
- Propose a project focusing on the political, social, economic, legal or cultural aspects of democratic development
- Be available to work in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. during the 5 month fellowship period (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). No other fellowships or jobs may be held at this time.
Applicants on the practitioner track should:
- Have substantial practical experience working to promote democracy or human rights in their country of origin or interest
- Be mid-career professionals
- Flutterwave Internship Programme for Young Graduates
- UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 for Nigerian Startups & Innovators
- 2022 Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders Programme for Young Entrepreneurs
Applicants on the scholarly track should:
- Possess a doctorate (a Ph.D., or academic equivalent) at the time of application
- Have a proven record of publications in their field
- Have developed a detailed research outline for their fellowship project
The Reagan-Fascell Fellows program holds an annual competition for fellowships. Applications are assessed through a rigorous evaluation process, including expert external and internal review, culminating in the selection of finalists by the Endowment’s Board of Directors. All applicants are notified of the competition’s outcome in mid-April.
In order to ensure a competitive selection process for the many candidates who apply each year, the Reagan-Fascell program is unable to offer fellowship deferrals except under extraordinary circumstances. Awardees who are unable to accept a fellowship in the year for which they applied may be asked to reapply if they remain interested in pursuing a fellowship in a future year
The online application portal for the NED Reagan Fascell Fellows Program will open on July 1, 2022 and will close by October 17, 2022 at 11:59pm EST. The deadline for submission of letters of recommendation is October 24, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
In order to apply for the Reagan Fascell Fellows Program you must first create an account through the program’s online portal. Once you have set up an account, the application process requires you to submit:
1. Applicant information
2. Project proposal for the practitioner or the scholarly fellowship track
3. Letters of recommendation
4. Resume/CV and Biography
Please submit all application materials in English.
For more information: Visit the Official Webpage of NED Reagan Fascell Fellows Program