Nikkei Asia Award 2022
Nominations are invited for the Nikkei Asia Award 2022. The Nikkei Asia Award is a project to recognize innovation originating in Asia, sponsored by Nikkei Inc. “Innovation from Asia” is any activity that promotes the transformation of Asia and the world, and supports the realization of a free and prosperous economic society from the Asian perspective based on the diverse values.
An individual and/or a group is commended for activities in fields such as business, research, technological development and social/artistic activities. An individual or a group responsible for a single activity is chosen as the winner annually.
- The prize is ¥5,000,000.
- Candidates must be nominated by others. Direct applications will not be accepted.
- Be from or living in Asia.
- Contributing to Asian-based activities which have started in Asia.
- Japanese individuals and groups consisting only of Japanese citizens will be excluded.
- ASC Lieden Africa Thesis Award 2022 (€500 prize & publication)
- Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge for Tech Startups (up to €150,000)
- MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022 ($10,000 grand prize)
For the Nikkei Asia Award, the following regions are referred to as “Asia”:
- East Asia (Korean Peninsula, China, etc.)
- Southeast Asia (Indochina, ASEAN member countries, etc.)
- Southwest Asia (Indian subcontinent countries)
- Independent nations in the Asia-Pacific region
Winner selection is a comprehensive evaluation of activities that meet the following evaluation criteria:
- Being novel and innovative
- Creating a free and prosperous economic society by revitalizing the region and improving lives
- Having continuity in activities and businesses, and expectations of future growth and expansion
- Having social influence and expectations to expand globally.
The deadline for application submission for the Nikkei Asia Award is on July 4, 2022
For more information, visit Nikkei Asia Award Official Webpage