Applications are invited for the His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II SDG Challenge 2022. The HH Muhammad Sanusi II (HH II) SDG Challenge provides teachers with online training, coaching, and resources in social entrepreneurship to make a difference in their community.
Transforming education systems begins with teachers. Enabling teachers in developing scalable education projects helps ensure that all students have access to the education they deserve. The MSII SDG Challenge focuses on social entrepreneurship principles and systems thinking, to support teachers through the stages of ideation, project implementation, and achieving scale.
About the HH MSII SDG Challenge
The HH MSII SDG Challenge is designed for practicing teachers and is divided into five separate stages:
- Open eLearning
- Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge for Tech Startups (up to €150,000)
- MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2022 ($10,000 grand prize)
- STem Academic Research and Training – START Internship Program 2022
You will be provided with online learning tools and resources to explore concepts related to innovation, entrepreneurship, program management, leadership and the Sustainable Development Goals. You are not required to have a fully-formed idea at this stage. The modules will provide you with tools and frameworks to clearly define your idea and to develop a persuasive concept note.
Benefits of the SDG Challenge
- There is no cost to participate in the Challenge.
- Open eLearning – No grant funding available
- Pre-Incubator – $500 USD
- Incubator – $2,000 USD
- Accelerator – Up to $20,000 USD
- Partnership – $100,000 USD
- Open to practicing teachers based anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Any community project run by a teacher(s) that enhances learning is eligible. The aim is to calayze a wide variety of projects – both small projects, as well as those with potential to scale.
Currently, there is no deadline for submission, application is ongoing, but we advise that you submit your application details as soon as possible.
Each stage of the SDG Challenge has a different registration/application process. To join the Open eLearning stage, simply fill out the short registration form. You will automatically be enrolled in the 1 Million Teachers platform, where you will have access to a variety of resources to support your journey as a teacher-changemaker.
For more information, visit HH MSII SDG Challenge Official Webpage