Apply for the Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme 2022. The primary objective of the AFCIA administrated by UNEP-CTCN is to support developing countries to test, evaluate, roll out and scale up innovative adaptation practices, products and technologies. Based on technical assistance services, 25 micro-grants projects will be implemented for 5 years to enhance climate resilience and adapt to climate change in the countries.
Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme will facilitate knowledge sharing and the exchange of best practices, strengthening opportunities of South-South and triangular cooperation on innovation in adaptation among the countries.
- Coastal Zone Management
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Food Security
- Human Health
- Marine and Fishery
- Rural Development
- Urban Development
- Water Management
Benefits of Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme 2022
The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) works in conjunction with UNEP, receiving USD 5 million to administrate and aggregate 25 micro-grants projects (up to USD 250,000 each).
- Global Youth Adaptation Summit in the Netherlands (Fully Funded)
- Pitch Agrihack 2022 Digital Agriculture Competition for Agritech Startups ($45,000)
- Ford Fund Fellowship 2022 for Social entrepreneurs and Community Leaders ($25,000 Seed Funding)
Eligibility Criteria for Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme 2022
- The Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme will provide small grants to developing countries to support innovation for effective, long-term adaptation to climate change and is part of the Adaptation Fund’s Innovation Facility. UNEP-CTCN will conduct technical assistance, implementing micro-grants projects in developing countries on a competitive basis.
- The eligible countries in the AFCIA include developing countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America and Caribbean under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) that do not have National Implementing Entities (NIEs) accredited with the Adaptation Fund. Among them, priority will be given to Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
The deadline for application submission for the Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme is on September 2022
For more information, visit Adaptation Fund Climate Innovation Accelerator Programme 2022