New Product Experimentation (NPE) is a community of entrepreneurs at Meta building new experiences that will meaningfully improve people’s lives. The goal is to innovate from within Meta by testing and iterating on a diverse set of products, each with their own hypotheses, people problems and target audiences, that can eventually mature into meaningful new opportunities for Meta.
The NPE Residency Program (NPE-RP) is NPE’s new way of enabling Global tech entrepreneurs to make their ideas a reality. Through the course of this 6-month program, you get the opportunity to work with experienced tech builders to ideate and test your product ideas to solve an important problem experienced by people while partnering with mentors who will support you with a combination of real-world experience, design thinking processes, and access to Meta’s resources. You will be trained in design thinking processes while prototyping new products through a capstone project, which is part of the curriculum.
Meta New Product Experimentation Residency Programme Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in building consumer products in and for Nigeria
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and fast iteration through feedback and user testing
- Experience in a start-up or a fast-paced product development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in product development-related fields such as HCI, Computer Science, Business, Design, Psychology, Social Sciences etc.
- Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Competition 2022 for Young Innovators in India
- Biodiversity Accelerator+ Programme 2022 (Fully-funded to Singapore)
Meta New Product Experimentation Residency Programme Preferred Qualifications
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artefacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience in human-centered design, product design, UX strategy, UX research, product management and software development.
- Communication skills to influence stakeholders and leaders throughout the design journey.
- Some experience with prototyping tools e.g. Figma, Sketch, Framer, InVision or similar.
- Experience with data and utilizing data to define and support hypotheses
- Experience in human-centred design, product design, UX strategy, UX research, product management and software development.
- Deep passion and proximity to a product opportunity that serves the needs of Nigerian consumers, as evidenced by their portfolio of projects.
- Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience
- Relevant experience in taking a novel idea from concept to delivering a new customer product
Meta New Product Experimentation Residency Programme Available Opportunities
- Product Resident, NPE – Authentic Expression
- Product Resident, NPE – Commerce
- Product Resident, NPE – Social Gaming