The Donors for Africa Foundation (DAF) in partnership with Meta, launches the 4th cohort of GEDA Digital Fellowship (An African Social Innovators Bootcamp) designed to strengthen the capacity of third sector leaders in Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Ghana which is targeted at startup founders between the ages of 22 to 50 years working on any of the 17 SDGs.
GEDA digital fellowship is a 6 months intensive professional leadership development program that offers you a unique opportunity to learn how to transform your community by acquiring new skills, increase brand visibility and access funds. It provides solutions to Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) by increasing the human capacity of leaders who desire to understand how to play in the development sector and want to deep dive into how to build a thriving sustainable social impact organization.
The digital fellowship is for social impact organizations, social enterprises, business owners who desire to understand how to play in the development sector, and professionals from across Africa who want to deep dive and understand the rubrics of building a sustainable social impact organization.
Participants are selected from diverse sectors in development from a broad range of organizations across Africa addressing any global issue. It is committed to empowering participants through an immersive learning experience to build for long-term impact.
Themes for the GE’DA’ Digital Fellowship
Course modules will include but not limited to;
- Professional Development Training
- Social Innovation Techniques
- Resource Mobilization
- Starting & Scaling
- Digital Competencies
- A systems approach to solving problems
- Impact Assessment / Monitoring & Evaluation
- Resilience & Leadership
- Talent Management
- Hybrid Meetings
- Virtual Mentoring Engagements
- Group Peer-Peer Sessions
- Professional Networking Interactions
- Alumni Engagements and access to exclusive opportunities
Benefits of the GE’DA’ Digital Fellowship
- Capacity Building Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Personal Support from a dedicated in-country manager
- Post-fellowship support
- Recognized professional certification in Social Enterprise Management
- Funding Opportunity
- Exclusive Invitation to topical growth webinars
- Remain a valued member of the network for future events and ongoing activities
- Build professional credibility with this one of a kind, immersive experience
- Life Skilling – getting comfortable with being uncomfortable
- A global family for life!
- Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowship Program to COP27
- Pitch Agrihack 2022 Digital Agriculture Competition for Agritech Startups ($45,000)
- USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest 2022
- Group Workshops
- Expert Sessions
- Cash Prizes
- Media Exposure
- Project/ Funding Referrals
- Growth Network for Life
What is DAF looking for?
- Passion for the Intersection of your solution with any of the 17 SDGs: Your solution must be addressing any of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Capacity to Bridge Differences: Candidates should demonstrate interest and ability to build connections between individuals with differing cultural, socio-economic, and professional backgrounds.
- Orientation Towards Results: Candidates should describe their track record and abilities to produce tangible, successful, and positive results.
Eligibility Criteria for the GE’DA’ Digital Fellowship
To be considered for this fellowship, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be the founder or hold an executive position within a registered organization
- Be available to commit to attending all sessions
- Applicants must be 22 – 50 years.
- Ability to attend the launch and graduation event
- Applicant and social enterprise organizations are interested and ready to scale the organization
- Must have a laptop and access to the internet
- Must be creating positive, direct, and intended impact aligned to one or more of the SDG’s or AU Agenda 2063
- Applications are open to applicants from these West African countries: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
- All applicants will be notified of their selection status by July 2022
Deadline for the GE’DA’ Digital Fellowship
Deadline for the GeDa Fellowship is on July 14, 2022
For more information, visit GeDa Digital Fellowship Official Webpage