Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships to COP27
Application is now open for the 2022 Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowship Program organized by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) and the Stanley Center for Peace and Security, for journalists interested in covering the 27th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP27). Hosted this year by the government of Egypt, the conference is scheduled to take place in the city of Sharm el-Sheikh from 7-18 November 2022.
The 2022 CCMP Reporting Fellowship aims to bring up to 22 journalists from low- and middle-income countries to report in-person at COP27. Now in its 15th iteration since its launch in 2007, the CCMP has brought more than 400 journalists from low- and middle-income countries to attend and report on the annual UN climate talks. This has enabled journalists from around the world to cover the climate negotiations for their home audiences, while benefiting from working alongside knowledgeable climate journalists and gaining a multifaceted understanding of the actions countries are taking—or not taking—to address climate change’s global impact.
Benefits of Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships
- As currently envisioned (and subject to change), CCMP Fellows would travel to Sharm el-Sheikh to attend the full period of the UN climate negotiations, with arrival planned for November 5th and departure on November 19th or 20th.
- The CCMP will cover non-refundable economy-class airfare, accommodation, meals, travel insurance (including emergency medical COVID-19 coverage), and transportation costs to participate in the Fellowship. Organizers will also reimburse for meals and other transport expenses acquired in transit, including COVID testing; facilitate the press accreditation process; and provide logistical support relating to the trip. Please note that the process of obtaining any necessary visas is the Fellow’s individual responsibility, though the CCMP will reimburse visa costs.
- Prior to the start of COP27, Fellows will receive resources and technical support to help prepare for reporting at the conference, including a pre-COP virtual workshop to meet the team, discuss reporting opportunities, and ask any questions. Once in Sharm el-Sheikh, Fellows will participate in a series of specially designed activities over the two week period on the ground, including an orientation session with seasoned climate journalists and experts on the key issues at this COP, daily briefings, and interviews with high-level officials. They will also be guided by EJN trainers: senior journalists with experience in covering UN climate summits.
- Biodiversity Accelerator+ Programme 2022 (Fully-funded to Singapore)
- Meaningful Business 100 Award Programme 2022 for Young Leaders
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide (Total prize of $1,200)
Eligibility criteria for Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships
- Be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house and reporting from a low- or middle-income country.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Have previous experience reporting on climate change issues and clearly indicate the kinds of stories you might pursue while attending the conference.
- Be available and willing to travel to Egypt to attend COP27 in person, arriving on November 5th and departing no earlier than November 19th.
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship activities.
- Provide a letter of support from an editor, producer, or supervisor who can confirm that your news reports will be published or broadcast in an established media outlet. Freelancers are welcome to apply, but must provide a letter of support from a media outlet for which they intend to report.
Application Deadline for Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships
Deadline for Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships is on the 4th of July, 2022
For more information, visit Climate Change Media Partnership Reporting Fellowships Webpage
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply