USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest 2022
Application for the USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest 2022 is now open. Are you a young changemaker between 15-35 years old? Do you have photography skills? Do you want to showcase your photography skills with the world? USAID’s Youth Excel program is launching a 6-week global photo competition to encourage young people from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa to share images reflecting five main themes.
Participation in the Youth Excel’s photo contest authorizes IREX, USAID and the Youth Excel program to use the winning images on the IREX website and other communication channels for IREX and Youth Excel such as social media, publications, collateral and more. Other entries may also be used by the Youth Excel program and USAID.
Themes for the USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest
- Youth mental health and wellness:Photos that represent how your community is working towards supporting youth mental health
- Youth at the forefront of economic development: Photos that represent how youth in your community are engaged in creating employment/employability for fellow youth
- Youth and decision-makers at work: Photos showcasing youth in your community working with diverse stakeholders to create locally led community solutions
- Youth driving decisions through data:Photos that highlight trends or instances of youth in your community using research and data to solve local issues
- Gender and Inclusion: Photos showing marginalized youth (youth with disabilities, young women and girls, religious minorities, LGBTQI+, Indigenous youth, minority ethnicities etc.) positively participating in community development
Benefits of the USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest
First place winner from each theme will receive a special prize valued at USD $200-$300.
- United Nations OHCHR Fellowship Program for People of African Descent (Fully-funded)
- Children’s Prize 2022 to Combat Child Mortality ($150,000 grant)
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for a young people, worldwide ($1200)
Eligibility Criteria of USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest
- Young changemakers between 15-35 years old from Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East and North Africa.
- Photos must be an original submission. The submitter must own the rights to the photo (i.e. the photo needs to be submitted by the photographer or with permission from the photographer and have permission to use all identifiable people, buildings, objects, etc.).
- Applicants have limited five photos per entry. Multiple entries are allowed.
- Each image submitted must focus on a particular theme of the competition.
- Photos can be taken with a camera or mobile phone.
- Photos should be submitted in JPEG format with a minimum 1MB file size.
- Tell us about your photo by including a brief description explaining the context of the photo, where and when it was taken.
- DO NOT submit photos with watermarks, overlays or signatures.
- Winning photos will be added to Youth Excel’s stock photos and used in future communications material.
- By submitting an entry, all participants agree that their images may be used by the Youth Excel program including IREX, consortium partners and USAID in future communications material. Proper photo credit will be given to photographers of selected images.
Deadline of USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest
The deadline for the USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest is on 17th of July 2022
For more information, visit USAID Youth Excel Photo Contest Official webpage
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply