Pitch AgriHack is a digital agriculture competition focused on accelerating entrepreneurial growth and job creation in the agriculture sector by leveraging advanced technologies and youth participation in Africa’s food security agenda.
This eighth edition of Pitch AgriHack invites African businesses to pitch their approach to driving technological innovation in the agriculture sector. Generation Africa, a thematic platform of the AGRF will host the competition, which is sponsored by global development organization Heifer International.
The competition provides cash prizes to innovators driving increased use of technology and job creation across the agricultural sector in Africa.
Pitch AgriHack 2022 digital agriculture competition Requirements:
The open competition portion of Pitch AgriHack 2022 will support companies that are driving innovation in agriculture across three categories with prizes totaling US$45,000:
Pitch AgriHack 2022 digital agriculture competition Application Deadline
Pitch AgriHack 2022 digital agriculture competition Application Deadline: July 29, 2022
- Biodiversity Accelerator+ Programme 2022 (Fully-funded to Singapore)
- Meaningful Business 100 Award Programme 2022 for Young Leaders
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide (Total prize of $1,200)
Pitch AgriHack 2022 digital agriculture competition Benefits
- A fourth invite-only category, known as the AYuTe Africa Challenge, sponsored by Heifer International, will award up to US$1.5 million in grants to scalable ventures that are already generating measurable impact for Africa’s smallholder farmers.
- Six winners will be selected from the open-application categories and two winners from the invite-only AYuTe Africa Challenge category. The winners will be announced at the AGRF Summit which takes place September 5-9 in Kigali.
- Top contestants will receive a one-day boot camp in preparation for their final pitches, with winners receiving continued support as they develop and grow their enterprises.
- Business profiles of the finalists will also be published in a Deal Book for circulation at the AGRF and online, while individual profiles will be made public on the genafrica.org platform and reviewed for relevance to their investor community.
For More Information: