Application for 2022 ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarship for African Students is now open. The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) is a special advisory body to the African Union mandated to implement the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation in order to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development. It also mobilizes African research excellence and provides a platform for dialogue among African scientists and serves as a voice of the scientific community in building and sustaining continental research and innovation nexus, including building the requisite technical capabilities. ASRIC was launched in 2018 and the African Union Scientific, Technical and Research Commission (AU-STRC) is the Secretariat of the ASRIC.
UEMF is a growing centre of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients. The 1st and 2nd Calls for PhD scholarships for African students were successfully announced for the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021, where eligible candidates passed through a rigorous screening process and were awarded the scholarship. In furtherance to the success of the 1st and 2nd Calls, the ASRIC and UEMF are hereby launching the 3rd Call for the year 2022.
Fields of study
Interested candidates MUST be ready to undertake research in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Additive Manufacturing and materials
- Renewable Energy, Green hydrogen and Power-to-X
Aim and Benefits of ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarship
- The scholarship includes; tuition fees of about $9,000, an annual return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation, and stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
- Must be a national of one of the African Union Member States;
- Applicants must be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
- Biodiversity Accelerator+ Programme 2022 (Fully-funded to Singapore)
- Meaningful Business 100 Award Programme 2022 for Young Leaders
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide (Total prize of $1,200)
Documents Required for Application
- An updated CV;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of the international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs
June 30, 2022
The application form is accessible via this link. The Form should be completed and submitted before the deadline of the call.All application and supporting documents should be submitted to the ASRIC Secretariat by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com before the call deadline.
For more details, visit ASRIC Official webpage