Do you want to win cash prizes worth hundreds of dollars? Today is the last day to join the Trash to Cash Challenge 2022! Begin gathering stuff that would otherwise be discarded and turn them into a new product.
The Trash to Cash Challenge is a new program that aims to inspire young people to become eco-preneurs by giving them the opportunity to do good in the world while also learning valuable life skills through a short business challenge with an environmental focus.
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Benefits
- There are 4 prizes worth USD $1,200 in total.
- In addition, every participant that completes the submission form by the deadline will receive a Certificate of Participation!
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Eligibility
- Open to all young people, aged 25 or younger, in any country.
- The participants must be 25 or younger, but teachers of all ages are welcome to support the participants.
- You can participate individually or as a team of up to 5 people with friends, classmates or siblings.
- Teams may submit a maximum of one entry.
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Technical Requirements
- Submissions are encouraged to contain the following:
- Photographic evidence of 1) the amount of trash collected, 2) the product(s) you created from the trash collected, 3) you selling the product(s) and 4) your sales records, showing how many products you sold, the price(s) you sold them for and the total income generated.
- The posting of an original video clip on social media is required to participate in the Public Choice prize. The video must last 2 minutes or less, and it must show the waste collected, the product created and the process of selling it. Only one video is permitted per individual or team, but you can submit through the Submission Form up to 20 links of the same video posted in your own social media accounts on different platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok). The video posted in social media must be set to public mode using the #TrashToCashChallenge. On Instagram, the video must be posted as a reel or a video displayed in the feed, not an Instagram story.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material, including sound effects and music if used. Competition submissions must not include any obscene, violent, racist or defamatory content.
- Children’s Prize 2022 to Combat Child Mortality ($150,000 grant)
- Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022 (worth $2500)
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Application Deadline
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Application Deadline: July 11, 2022
Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for Young People worldwide Application
There are 3 simple steps:
- Get prepared: Create a product(s) you could sell out of materials that would otherwise go to waste e.g. plastic bottles, waste paper etc. Remember to weigh the amount of trash you collect.
- Sales Day: Sell as many of the product(s) as you can on the Sales Day: Saturday, July 2. You have 1 day only to make as much money as you can!
- Submit your entry: Create a short video of your experience and share it on your social media. Complete the simple submission form – tell them how much waste you saved, what product you created and how much money you made, with a link to your video and photos.
The actual submission form will be available from July 2, 2022. Here is an example submission form.
For more information, visit Trash to Cash Challenge.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply