Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program 2022
Applications are open for the Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program 2022. For twenty years, the Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice (Kroc IPJ) at the University of San Diego’s Kroc School has hosted the Women PeaceMakers Fellowship program.
The Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for women peacebuilders to engage in a cycle of learning, practice, research, and strengthening peacebuilding partnerships through participation. The Women PeaceMakers Fellowship facilitates impactful collaborations between women peacebuilders from conflict-affected communities and international partner organizations. The Fellows also co-create research intended to shape the peacebuilding field and highlight good practices for peacebuilding design and implementation.
Objectives of Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program
- Learn from and with other Fellows and the Kroc School team.
- Learn about the Fellowship and past Fellows
- Gain new skills, perspectives, and innovative approaches to peacebuilding
- Expand their professional peacebuilding networks
- Drive forward vital peacebuilding research that focuses on shaping practice and policy
- Read past research from the Fellowship.
Benefits of Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program
- Fellows will receive a stipend of USD $5,000 plus expenses for their participation in the program.
- United Nations OHCHR Fellowship Program for People of African Descent (Fully-funded)
- Children’s Prize 2022 to Combat Child Mortality ($150,000 grant)
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2022 for a young people, worldwide ($1200)
Eligibility Criteria of Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program
- Anyone who considers themselves a woman peacebuilder, working to reduce cycles of violence in any way, is welcome to apply.
- Applicants may come from any country, as long as they will be able to travel to the United States for the residency.
- Applicants must have at least five years of peacebuilding experience.
- Must speak sufficient English to participate fully in Fellowship activities.
- Fellows will complete a two-week residency at the University of San Diego in the United States, usually in December. These dates are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 pandemic and Fellows’ travel requirements.
- Each year, the Fellowship is centered on a theme that will structure the research. Strong applicants will have experience and knowledge specific to that theme.
Deadline for Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program
Deadline for application submission of the Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program is on June 24, 2022
Application process of Kroc IPJ Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Program
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Provide basic personal and contact information
- Respond to short open answer questions about why they are interested in the Fellowship, the expertise that makes them a good fit for the Fellowship and the specific theme for that year, and their interest or experience in conducting research
- Submit a resume
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Be willing to participate in public events and share their experiences and information with the Kroc IPJ team and the broader public
- Have sufficient capacity in English to be able to participate in cohort meetings, share experiences in public events, and participate in research meetings.
For more information: visit Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Official Webpage
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply