Applications are open for the Global Health Advocacy Incubators Healthy Food Policy Advocacy Fund 2022. The Advocacy Fund provides critical support to help advance promising legislative or regulatory efforts on healthy food policy.
These policy priority areas include: taxes on sugary beverages and/or ultra-processed food, front-of-package nutrition labeling, restrictions on marketing of unhealthy food and beverages, and healthy public sector food environments, including schools. The Advocacy Fund may also be used to block harmful policies that would set negative precedents and undermine a healthy food policy environment.
The Advocacy Fund is managed by the Global Health Advocacy Incubator and supported by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
Global Health Advocacy Incubators Eligibility
- The Advocacy Fund provides grants to not-for-profit entities, with strong preference given to civil society organizations in low and middle-income countries.
- GHAI encourages joint applications from up to three groups working collaboratively toward a healthy food policy win.
- The applicant or co-applicants must be working on a SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, timebound) policy objective. Ideally, the objective will be achievable within a 12-24 month time frame.
- The policy may be national or subnational and should ideally have a broader regional or global impact.
Global Health Advocacy Incubators Application Deadline
Global Health Advocacy Incubators Application deadline is on June 30
Global Health Advocacy Incubators Application
- All applicants should fill out the concept note form HERE. Ensure all fields are complete and submit no later than June 30, 2022.
- For interested parties based in the Food Policy Program’s focus countries (Barbados, Brazil, Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico, and South Africa), contact email@example.com with “Potential Focus Country Partnership” in the subject line.
For more information, visit Advocacy Fund.