ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Researchers
Application for ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Researchers is now ongoing. Visiting research fellows will use their time in Leiden for data analysis and/or writing, often on a joint project with one or more ASCL staff members. A visiting research fellowship is for a maximum of 90 days.
Requirements for ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Researchers
In order to be eligible for a Visiting Research Fellowship, the applicant has to meet all of the following criteria.
He or she must:
- Hold a PhD degree, by the time of applying;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Have published books, book chapters and/or journal articles in recent years that meet international standards;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which he/she is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- The Founder Institute-Sterling Bank Fellowship & Pitchathon for Tech Founders
- Global Health Advocacy Incubators Healthy Food Policy Advocacy Fund 2022.
- TransparencIT Civic Changemakers Fellowship Programme 2022
Benefits of ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Researchers
A research fellowship includes:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
- Accommodation in Leiden: a fellow is provided with his/her own single bed/sitting room. Kitchen and bathroom are to be shared with a maximum of two other fellows (male/female). If the offered accommodation is unaccaptable for the fellow he/she is requested to look for alternative accommodation him/herself. Alternative accommodation will not be paid for by the fellowship/institute.
- A medical/liability insurance (please note that this insurance does not cover the cost of treatment of a pre-existing medical condition).
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Self financed visitors:
Self financed visitors can request to spend some time at the ASCL for research purposes. They will be offered a desk and computer (depending on availability) and they can make full use of the ASCL’s library facilities. The ASCL cannot offer these guests assistance in travel arrangements, visa application and/or finding accommodation.
The application form for a 90-day fellowship from January to March 2023 or from April to June 2023 can be found here (Word document).
Deadline for ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022 for African Researchers
The deadline for applications is 24 July 2022.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the ASC Leiden Visiting Fellowship Programme 2022