9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Financial Planning
Job ID: IRC4573
9mobile Nigeria Current Career Opportunities Job Summary
- Responsible for the management of the company’s financial accounting strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals
- Oversee all accounting activities and ensure compliance with appropriate generally accepted accounting practices and standards
- Develop and implement robust policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms
- Develop innovative risk management vehicles to Improve the organization’s financial position
- Ensure alignment of the division’s strategy with the corporate strategy, goals and objectives
- Ensure incorporation of proper Internal control regime in all facets of company operations
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the execution of the divisions work plans and programmes
- Take ownership of, and communicate department’s strategic direction and objectives to staff
- Evolve and implement cost management strategies to monitor and control costs enterprise-wide
- Oversee tax administration (planning and compliance) company-wide
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance operations and support teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping top management informed of all critical financial issues.
- Authorise expenditure/transactions inline with the organisation’s approved authority limits
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal control and financial procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of timely financial statements and ensure that the statements reflect the company’s financial position and comply with statutory / regulatory requirements
- Manage the interface between the company and external auditors and regulators to ensure the organisation’s financial interest is protected
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and develop harmonious relationships with the various tax authorities country-wide
- Ensure systems optimization and operational efficiency
- Manage the human and material resources of the division to optimize performance and enhance output
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Motivate, mentor, coach, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building in subordinates
- Act on behalf of and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CFO.
9mobile Nigeria Current Career Opportunities Educational Requirements
- First Degree in a relevant discipline
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) is mandatory
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least Three (3) years at senior management level.