Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
ICIMOD is now accepting nominations for Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize from individuals, organizations, or private sector entities based in the Hong Kong Himalayas (HKH) or beyond for enabling sustainable and resilient mountain development in the HKH region to benefit the environment as well as communities—particularly the poor, the youth, and women.
The focus of the award will be building the resilience of HKH communities. Nominations will be accepted for those individuals, organizations, or companies that have worked with HKH communities through innovations in their various capacities and brought about positive tangible change on the ground.
Benefits of Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
The prize is currently set at USD 2,500.
What work areas will be considered:
Fields of achievement of the individual, or organization, or company being nominated for the ICIMOD Mountain Prize can be in any of (but not limited to) the following work areas:
- Access to water for drinking, other productive purposes or sanitation
- Gender and social equity
- Food or nutrition security
- Sustainable production systems
- Climate change adaptation
- Disaster risk reduction
- Access to clean energy
- Information and communication technologies for development
- Promotion of income generating opportunities or investments
- Policy advocacy
- Mountain ecosystems or biodiversity management
- Community or cultural resilience
- Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022
- ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit 2022 for MENA changemakers
- Youth STEM Matters Research Conference 2022
Eligibility Criteria of Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
- Any individual, organization or private sector entity that has done outstanding work in the Hong Kong Himalayas is eligible for the prize and can be nominated (hereafter referred to as ‘nominee’).
- The nominee must have made a demonstrable impact. While they would like to particularly acknowledge the efforts of individuals or entities that have worked in line with ICIMOD’s mandate, this is not a pre-condition for the award.
- Any individual can nominate any organization or a private sector entity or another individual that meets the eligibility criteria including his/her own organization or company, for the prize.
- They expect the said individual to be very familiar with the work of the organization or company or individual he/she is nominating.
- The nominator should nominate only after receiving the consent of the nominee (head of the entity in case of an organization or company).
Note: Self-nomination (nominating one-self for the prize) is not permitted and the nominator may nominate only once.
Nomination process for Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
- Anybody wishing to nominate an eligible individual or organization or company for the prize must submit his or her nomination through the relevant online form, which will be made public from June 5 through September 30.
- The nominator must provide accurate information on his/her nominee’s work and the impact it has brought about.
- In particular, the nominator must:
provide personal information on the nominee such as full name and contact address; specify in which work area(s) the nominee has made demonstrable impact; provide an overview of the nominee’s outstanding work;
provide a credible narrative on how the nominee’s outstanding work has contributed to resilience of communities in the face of the pandemic and brought about transformative change on the ground.
- The nominator must provide an argument for why the nominee deserves to win the prize; provide supporting documents, including links to online articles, or videos, or publications that provide evidence of the nominee’s work and impact;
- Nominator must provide contact information of two referees who also know the nominee well;
statement vouching for the accuracy of the information provided through the nomination form.
Selection criteria for Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
A committee for the Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize will judge the submitted nominations and may invite appraisals by external experts to decide on the winner of the Prize. They may contact the nominator, nominee and referee(s) for more information.
The commission will pick the winner of the prize and Honorable Mentions based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrable impact
- Degree of importance given to gender equity and social inclusion (GESI)
- Potential for scalability and sustainability
Application Deadline for Dr Andreas Schild Memorial Mountain Prize 2022
Deadline is on the 30th of September 2022
For more information: Visit ICIMOD Official Webpage