Are you a young European-Mediterranean researcher? Are you interested in learning more about Euro-Mediterranean relations and the role of youth as cohesion drivers? Apply today to participate in the Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022.
The Euromed Young Researchers Forum is an initiative of the EuroMeSCo: Connecting the Dots project, which is co-funded by the European Union and the European Institute of the Mediterranean. The Euromed Young Researchers Lab aims to develop the research capacities of young specialists across the Mediterranean, to increase the exposure and acknowledgment of their work, to strengthen interactions, and to stimulate research on subjects of mutual interest.
During this year’s Forum, 24 participants from across the Mediterranean and its neighbouring regions will meet in Mollina, Spain, to exchange with policy-makers, practitioners and other young experts on key issues in the Euro-Mediterranean area and contribute to policy shaping in the region.
This year’s edition of the Forum will be about: Bridging the Gap in Euro-Mediterranean relations: Youth as drivers of Cohesion.
V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022 Benefits
- Present their research proposals on how young people have perceived the war in Ukraine on both shores of the Mediterranean as well as the responses to the war; analyze misconceptions, the actors and platforms involved in spreading disinformation campaigns; and the existing policy frameworks and tools in place to combat disinformation and its potential impacts, amongst others.
- Benefit from capacity building sessions to improve their research and communications skills.
- Access remunerated publishing opportunities: authors of selected Concept Notes will be asked to convert their proposals into Policy Briefs.
V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022 Cost
- The IEMed will provide round-trip flight tickets, accommodation expenses and meals during the Forum, and will cover visa costs.
- Participants will be accommodated in double or triple rooms at the venue (CEULAJ).
Eligibility For V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022
The candidates shall:
- be researchers or students between 18 and 35 years of age who have attained at least a bachelor’s degree;
- be affiliated to a research centre, a university or organisation based in one of the 42 UfM countries (priority will be given to researchers affiliated to EuroMeSCo member organisations);
- demonstrate interest in the Forum’s themes;
- demonstrate academic and/or professional background with regards to the Forum’s theme is desirable.
- UN World Food Forum Startup Innovation Award 2022
- Culture and the SDGs: Training and Residency Programme 2022 for Young Professionals worldwide (Fully-funded to Turkey)
Application Deadline For V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022
V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022 Application Deadline is on June 30, 2022
V Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022 Application
- Submit your CV of no more than 2 pages with the subject line of “Application for Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2022” to [email protected] and fill in the online application form by including a short research proposal (of up to 350 words) that should be related to the Forum themes.
- The selection process will be completed by July 4, 2022. All applicants will be notified by e-mail of the results of their application.
- Selected participants will be asked to prepare a 1-2 page Concept Note on their selected research topic ahead of the event.
- After the Forum, at least 6 authors will be selected to develop and convert their Concept Notes into a EuroMeSCo Policy Brief (about 3,000 words). Authors selected for publishing Policy Briefs will be remunerated.