ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit for MENA changemakers
ChangemakerXchange is excited to launch the ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit; a global intersectional climate action programme that supports the world’s leading climate action changemakers and activists from different regions. The ultimate goal is to help the youth climate movement become even more connected, collaborative, and impactful. This will help address the triple planetary crisis (climate change, biodiversity loss, and air pollution) — likely the biggest existential threat humanity has ever encountered.
About the ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit
- There will be three in-person summits and a follow-up community and capacity-building programme in Europe, MENA, and North America in 2022. Egypt (19 – 23 November 2022)
- The Climate Action Summit in MENA in 2022 is supported by SAP.
- Participants will also get the chance to be part of a unique online capacity-building programme and be connected with pro-bono support from SAP employees.
Eligible Countries For The Summit:
Afghanistan, Algeria Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, Yemen
Selection Criteria for ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit
Each summit has its own detailed selection criteria, but the following is the general rule for all of them:
- Country: You must come from or be currently living in one of the eligible countries.
- Age: You must be aged 18–35.
- Role: You are the founder/co-founder, leader/co-leader, manager/co-manager (or hold an influential position with decision-making power, e.g. intrapreneur) of a social/environmental venture/organisation/community which is up and running and addresses the climate, biodiversity, and air pollution crises.
- Language: You must have a command of English which is strong enough to participate in small group conversations and collaborate with international changemakers.
Cost and Benefits of the ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit
- Participants are asked to cover their own transportation costs to Egypt.
- ChangemakerXchange will cover all other costs associated with the summit, such as: accommodation, catering, local transportation, room hire, equipment & material, COVID-19 rapid tests, FFP2 masks, facilitation & hosting compensation, programme manager compensation, carbon emissions offsetting derived from the local hosting, post-summit capacity-building programme, post-summit community engagement activities, etc.
- Routledge/Roundtable Commonwealth Studentships 2022
- Youth STEM Matters Research Conference 2022
- The programme starts with regional summits (cohorts), each convening 15–25 young changemakers in intensive 5-day gatherings. These gatherings take place in beautiful locations deep in nature and are designed to forge deep connections between participants, foster wellbeing, enable peer learning and set the ground for meaningful collaborations to emerge.
- After the summit, the young changemakers are invited to join a tailored online global capacity-building programme, that brings together members from each region. This multi-module and interactive programme will include practical sessions for young changemakers such as preventing burnout, fundraising & finances and system change.
- Finally, the young changemakers become lifelong members of the thriving global ChangemakerXchange community, which currently counts close to 1,000 social innovators from 120+ countries. As part of the community, members get access to a regular and dynamic portfolio of opportunities to connect, learn and co-create.
Deadline for the ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit
The Deadline for application submission is on the 30th of June, 2022
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the ChangemakerXchange Climate Action Summit 2022