YCR International Summer Research Program 2022
Youth Center for Research (YCR) organizes a Summer Research Program (SRP) every year; a flagship international program in which young people from around the world gather in a virtual learning space that enables young aspiring researchers, advocates, and change-makers to undertake transnational collaborative research. The opportunity is unique in its arrangement which entails intergenerational dialogue and active engagement of the youth with experts from various fields of specialty.
Future leadership awaits young people. Therefore, they need to be prepared to take this position and lead the development discourse. However, this leadership position requires preparedness, and that in turn requires awareness about the issues and challenges facing us. The journey towards this understanding begins with research and dialogue facilitated by transnational collaboration.
Location and theme of the YCR International Summer Research program
The program will be happening virtually (Online) and the themes for the Summer Program are drawn from the SDGs. This year, the focus is on Education with 6 sub-themes. Applicants will express their preferences during the process and will be made to work in groups to dive deeper into the selected themes while undertaking cohort-wide discussions and research guided by development practitioners joining us from around the world.
- AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme for Emerging African Entrepreneurs 2022
- FAOU Summer Internship & Ambassadorship Program 2022
- Child Mind Institute Rising Scientists Awards 2022 ($2000)
Benefits of the YCR International Summer Research Program:
Participants will be able to:
- Build and become part of a global network of young researchers, experts, and practitioners
- Hone research skills and challenge one’s prejudices and convictions by undertaking reflective discussions
- Undertake deeper dive into understanding development challenges facing us which can potentially help in feeding advocacies or informing action
Eligibility Criteria of YCR International Summer Research Program:
The program is open for all geographical spaces globally. Applicants are expected to be:
- In their 3rd or 4th year of Undergraduate education
- Masters students (enrolled or graduated) are also eligible
- Maximum age limit is 35
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application process Of YCR International Summer Research Program:
Apply online through the Apply here link.
Application Deadline Of YCR International Summer Research Program:
June 15, 2022 (2 Days Remaining)