Call for Curators: Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts in Paris, France (Fully Funded)
The Curatorial Residency will be held in October and November 2022 by the Institut français du Nigéria, the French Embassy in Nigeria, and their Paris-based partner, Cité Internationale des Arts.
Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts Requirements:
- The residency is designed for Nigerian curators and art critics, aged over 23 years old, residing in Nigeria with proven professional experience in curating art events.
- The aim of this program is to support the young generation of Nigerian curators and art critics and enable them to develop a curatorial project, new artistic opportunities and collaborations with artists in residence at the Cité Internationale des Arts.
Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts Criteria:
- Age: over 23 years
- Curators or Art Critics working in the areas of: Visual Arts – Architecture – Design – Digital Arts – Multidisciplinary – Photography
- The open call is open to Nigeria based candidates of any sex, aged over 23 years on January 1st of 2022.
Applicants will be mainly judged on:
- The creativity of their proposals including one or more art disciplines
- Their experience in the field and especially their technical skills
- Their trans-disciplinarity
- Their portfolio’s design and presentation
- The anticipated working schedule during the two months residency
- Their artistic connections in France
- UN World Food Forum Startup Innovation Award 2022
- Lagos Innovates Talent Development Programme 2022 (Funded)
Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts Benefits
- The Residency fees are fully covered: transportation, monthly allowances, and accommodation.
Application Deadline For Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts
The Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts application Deadline is on June 19, 2022
How to Apply Curational Residency at Cite Internationale des Arts
Make sure you have all the required documents
• A file presenting one or more recent projects representative of your curatorial work (5 to 20 pages)
• A Resume with your academic and professional background (maximum 4 pages)
• A statement explaining the research angles that you want to develop during your art residency (maximum 2 pages)
• A residency brief with a list of artists, experts or cultural institutions with whom you wish to collaborate (maximum 1 page)
• One of the following files: a text (1 page), video (3 min) explaining your curatorial approach OR a video link representative of your work OR a letter of recommandation supporting your curatorial project at Cité Internationale des Arts OR an Internet link of your conferences or symposia.
For More Information: