YVote Naija CivicTech Hackathon 2022 ($5000 Grant)
The hackathon will serve as an opportunity to bring together young social innovators and developers in Nigeria between the ages of 15 and 35 years to develop ideas, build skills and connect with others working towards a shared goal of strengthening the electoral process and civic participation in governance in Nigeria.
Overview of YVote Naija CivicTech Hackathon
- Carrington Fellowship Program 2022 for Young Leaders in Nigeria
- Custodian Graduate Trainee Programme 2022 for young Nigerian graduates
- African Union Civic Tech Fund 2022 Fellowship
Aims of YVote Naija CivicTech Hackathon 2022
- Develop ideas,
- Build skills and connect with other young innovators working towards a shared goal of strengthening the electoral process
- and civic participation in governance in Nigeria.
Eligibilty For YVote Naija CivicTech Hackathon 2022
- Be a Nigerian young social innovators Aged of 15 and 35 years
- Must be a registered to vote
- Ability to work on new idea
- Ability to work with other young innovators.
- Must have an active internet connection as most engagements will be virtual
- must have demonstrated knowledge and experience relevant to the development and deployment of Tech solutions
- Requisite knowledge of the Nigerian electoral and political landscape is an added advantage.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants will be able to submit as individuals or as teams (Teamwork is highly encouraged)
- Applicants are to identify critical challenges and brainstorm solutions by developing a viable tech concept targeted at but not exclusive to;
· Voter Education and Information Dissemination
· Voter Mobilisation
· Identification and Location of Polling Units
· Mitigation and Tracking of Electoral Violence and Fraud and
· All other challenges associated with civic participation in the electoral process
- Problem-Solution Fit: Is the problem well-defined? Is the solution a good fit for mitigating or resolving it
- Potential Impact: Is it a widespread problem? Is there adequate research on it? Can the solution be scaled easily to actual deployment in the real world?
- Novelty & Learning: What is a novel about the solution the team has proposed? Has it been done before? What will we learn from the solution that we didn’t already know before?
- Prototype: How easy-to-use is the application? How engaging are the user experience and design? How functional and well-implemented is the prototype demo?
Benefits of YVote Naija CivicTech Hackathon 2022
- Grand prize of 5000 US Dollars
- Mentorship from Tech Giants
- Opportunity to co-create innovation with other young innovators
- Get visibility For your work
- National and International recognition