Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full time program for Egyptian students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota, in the United States.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Benefits of Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
Eligibility Criteria for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
- Commitment to work in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to provide a proof of income.
- IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022 (worth $20,000)
- JASIRI Growth Accelerator Program 2022 ($75,000)
- Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs (Fully-Funded)
Required Documents for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Application Process: Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Newton Education Services and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services.
- University application to be submitted to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs after being selected for the scholarship, and with the guidance of Newton Education Services.
Selection Committee: An external selection committee, consisting of prominent experts in the field of development is appointed.
Application Deadline Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023
The deadline for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2023 is on October 13th, 2022
For more information and inquiries: send an email to email@example.com