She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022
She Code Africa mentoring program (SCAMP) is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with girls/women who identify as beginners or intermediates in tech and in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
Requirements for She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022
The following category of applicants can apply:
- BEGINNER: Software Engineering Web development (Front end / Back end), Software testing/Quality assurance, Cybersecurity, Product: Product Design, Data : Data science
- INTERMEDIATE: Software Engineering; Web development (Front end / Back end), Mobile development, Cross platform development, Product: Product Design , Product Management, Data: Data science
Eligibility Criteria: She Code Africa Mentoring Program 2022
Eligible participants must:
- Be an active member of the She Code Africa Community (sign up here: shecodeafrica.org)
2. Have made some learning progress in their specified field
3. Show proof of already made conscious learning efforts in their specified fields
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentee activities
- ARM Labs Lagos Techstars Accelerator Program 2022
- NUTM Scholars Program 2022 for Nigerian Students
- JASIRI Growth Accelerator Program 2022 ($75,000)
- Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs (Fully-Funded)
What is the Benefit of the Scholarship?
Get to work with dedicated mentors and a detailed learning curriculum for 3 months virtually on any of these tracks; Software Engineering , Product or Data.
How to Apply for Scholarship?
- Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
- Step 2: Scale the application process and get an acceptance / rejection mail
- Step 3: Upon being accepted, pairing list would be shared on the private channel for the program on our slack community (you would be added automatically to this )
- Step 4: Connect with your assigned mentor and team mates
- Step 5: Work with your assigned mentor’s approved learning path on your field for the next 3 months
- Step 6: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentor and the mentoring program
- Step 7: To complete the SCA mentoring program, you must carry out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
- Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program.
- Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
- Step 8: Best performing mentee gets awarded a choice course off our preferred learning platform and placed on Junior mentor roles in SCA