GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program 2022
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Call for Proposals for GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity. Demonstrations are one of the main activities of the CCESP in order to help enhance climate resilience, green growth, and environmental quality in the GMS.
The program plans to have 27 demonstrations relating to the different themes (such as demonstrations on gender-responsive community resilience projects, and on the circular economy, pollution control, and waste management, etc.) Through these demonstrations, the CCESP plans to pilot climate action practices, innovative technologies, and financing instruments. These demonstrations could eventually be scaled up or lead to wider investments.
Priority Themes for the Proposals: GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program
The program’s six priority themes are:
- Climate and disaster resilience,
- Low-carbon transitions,
- Climate-smart landscapes,
- Environmental quality through pollution control and sustainable waste management,
- Digital technology for climate actions and environmental sustainability, and
- Financing low-carbon and climate-resilient infrastructure and technology.
Eligibility Criteria: GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program
The proposals can be developed and submitted by any of the following entities in Asia:
- Working Group on Environment (WGE) coordinators and relevant government departments and agencies;
- Development partners;
- Civil society organizations and community-based organizations;
- Private sector;
- Academia and research institutes.
- IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022 (worth $20,000)
- JASIRI Growth Accelerator Program 2022 ($75,000)
- Savvy Global Fellowship for Aspiring and Early-Stage Entrepreneurs (Fully-Funded)
Selection Criteria: GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program
- Clarity of concept notes with clear outputs, implementation plan, and achievable within timeframe
- Having transboundary characteristics, and/or meeting the national needs and interest
- Building on previous achievements, successes, and supporting national policy/strategies
- Having sufficient capacity, staffing, commitment and institutional support for carrying out the demonstrations
- Resulting in increased capacity for up-taking innovative technologies and financing modality for enhanced climate resilience, green development, and environmental quality
- Gender inclusiveness and participation (at least 30% of women benefiting from demonstration)
- Collaboration of private sector or civil society organizations in project implementation or cofinancing.
- Regional upscaling
- High potential for large investment in the GMS Investment Framework
- Proposals must be submitted using this proposal form, providing all the information needed.
- Email the proposal to [email protected]
Deadline: GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program
The deadline for submission of GMS Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Program Application is on July 1, 2022