The Aurora Humanitarian Initiative has announced the opening of the nomination period for the 2023 Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity, given on behalf of the survivors of the Armenian Genocide and in gratitude to their saviors.
The Prize sheds light on some of the most crucial issues in the world, raise awareness on these particular dark corners where they need the voice of humanity and humanitarian engagement.
Award Information: Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity
Candidates are selected based on the candidate’s demonstration of courage, commitment, and impact, and receives a US $1,000,000 award to address on-the-ground humanitarian challenges around the world with the focus on helping the most destitute.
Eligibility Criteria For Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Award
Any individual or group that perform(s) an extraordinary act of humanity may be nominated to receive the Award. The Award Laureate is recognized for the exceptional impact their actions have made in preserving human life in the face of adversity, risking their health, freedom, reputation or livelihood.
- AREF-MRC Towards Leadership Programme for Emerging African Entrepreneurs 2022
- FAOU Summer Internship & Ambassadorship Program 2022
- Child Mind Institute Rising Scientists Awards 2022 ($2000)
Selection Criteria for Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Award
Nominations are carefully vetted and reviewed through a rigorous process. The Laureate is determined by the Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
Courage: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- Courage in helping others survive. Having overcome significant risks for the sake of helping others survive.
- Going beyond the call of duty of professional obligations for the sake of helping others survive
Commitment: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- An explicit intention to help others survive. A direct involvement in helping others survive
- A commitment to common moral values such as integrity, freedom, justice, honesty, truthfulness , responsi bility and compassion
Impact: The extent to which the Nominee’s actions demonstrate:
- An impact on saving lives. A long-term effect in saving lives
- Inspiration to others to save lives, directly or indirectly
- Saving lives of a large number of individuals
Note: Any members of the public, as well as members of national assemblies, governments, academics and other institutions, can nominate candidates for the Aurora Prize.
Deadline for Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Award
The deadline for Aurora Prize for awakening humanity award is on the 31st of October, 2022
For more information: Visit the Aurora Prize for Awakening Humanity Official Webpage