TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022
The SD Gupta School of Public Health, IIHMR University, Jaipur, India is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the award of TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarships for a two-year Master of Public Health (MPH) postgraduate program with specialization in Implementation Science, for the Academic session 2022-24, beginning in October 2022.
The training will specifically focus on subjects and courses relevant to implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not reach those who could benefit from them.
Goal of the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022
The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and augment the number and quality of researchers in LMICs. The TDR Postgraduate Training Scheme has a focus on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis and COVID-19.
This full scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland. Candidates and residents in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of WHO South-East Asia and Eastern Mediterranean regions are eligible to apply.
Benefits of TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022
The TDR Postgraduate Scholarship program will cover:
- Economy airfare between the home country of the student and India.
- Tuition and academic fees.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- Boarding and lodging for the duration of stay at IIHMR campus (On campus in-residence will be compulsory).
- IT lab and on campus Wi-Fi facilities.
- Support for thesis project expenses during data collection.
- Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) is hiring for Associate Roles: Global Locations
- AIYP Young Indigenous Fellowship Program 2022
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The applicant should:
- Be nationals of and residents in low-and middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South-East Asia or Eastern Mediterranean regions
- Be under age 35 at the time of application for the Master’s programme
- Have Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, including allied Health Sciences) or in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Public Health, Food and Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology or any other Social Sciences Discipline)
- Have excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above
- Have proficiency in oral and written English and basic Mathematics
- Have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Data Analysis Software
Application details for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022
The applicant is expected to:
- Meet the University requirements for international postgraduate students.
- Submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from current or previous supervisor.
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
- Submit a No Objection Certificate from department / employer and documented permission to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme.
- Agree to meet health requirements in line with the regulations of Government of India and IIHMR University.
Deadline for TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2022
The deadline for the TDR Postgraduate Scholrship in Implementation Research is on the 10th of June, 2022.