Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) advises reforming political leaders and governments on strategy, policy and delivery, with technology as an enabler across all three functions. In so doing TBI, make a significant and positive impact for citizens around the world.
In recognition of TBI Advisory’s growing impact and size, it is undertaking a sizable new intake of Associates worldwide. The Associates will support growing project portfolio (both resident in-country or supporting from a hub), business development activities and horizontal offerings of expertise to clients.
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Job Introduction
Associates represent the bulk of Tony Blair Institute for Global Change teams around the world. They are generalist problem-solvers able to support political leaders across all the dimensions at which offer advice.
Successful applicants will have an amazing career ahead of them. Whether they are at TBI for a few years, or a large share of their career as they grow and progress within the Institute – their experience as a TBI Associate will position them to have a huge global impact. This role is ideal for the candidate who is passionate about politics and the ability to create change by working in and with governments.
Locations for Tony Blair Institute for Global Change Job Role
This is not an entry level role but requires some experience potentially with a graduate or professional degree, though it is expected that many successful applicants will still be early in their career with a high degree of learning and development potential.
Associates will be based in one of the following locations:
- Abu Dhabi/Dubai
Applicants will be required to confirm which location they would like to be based in upon submission of application. Please note that applicants must have the right to work in the location of their choosing.
- IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022 (worth $20,000)
- AIYP Young Indigenous Fellowship Program (Fully Funded)
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change: Job Key Responsibilities
- Support projects in-country and/or regional client or development opportunities as TBI advises political leaders on strategy, policy and delivery with technology as the enabler across all three dimensions
- Develop research, analysis, written insights and other deliverables for clients and senior leadership within TBI
- Engage with client counterparts to understand client requirements, articulate ideas and participate in presentations of deliverables
- Innovate and develop tools that enable efficient management and delivery of programmes (including project dashboards, frameworks and trackers)
- Support delivery of high levels of project impact, facilitating nimble performance tracking and coordination where required
- Play a hands-on role in opportunity scoping and relationship building to enable the expansion of TBI to new geographies, including developing presentations for new country clients and senior government officials
- Support new projects in their inception phase and support implementation as in-country teams are put in place
- Apply and learn from new and innovative approaches to supporting change and deliver impact
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change: Job Specification
- Applicants must have a Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience as a political staffer, public servant, or in consulting, economics, finance, multilateral institutions, high impact civil society organisations, and many other previous roles are all considered relevant at TBI. Technology experience is not required but is an asset. What is required is a personal passion for politics and strong political acumen
- A work ethos focused on team success with genuine motivation for colleagues’ performance, growth and well-being
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis across various topics, generate original insights and produce high-quality deliverables which are fit for delivery to senior government clients, perform challenging analysis and structured problem solving
- Insatiable curiosity for data, with a proven ability to process it with attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and a demonstratable strength in project management
- Demonstrable experience of being an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Skilled at communicating, from executive office level through to technical level, adept at speaking to senior leadership, knowing how to navigate ambiguous environments and comfortable at managing up and beyond hierarchy
- Demonstrating a proactive and hands-on attitude, not afraid to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done and take ownership of their workstream
- Passion for tech and an interest in using new software beyond the traditional MS Office Suite
- Multiple languages skills are an asset
For more information: Visit the Official Webpage of Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1 OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Follow us on FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Leave a Reply