IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recognize the leadership that young people have demonstrated in the fight against climate change and their key role in driving climate innovation, including amid the COVID-19 induced jobs crisis. To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the two organizations have designed the “Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call”, with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
Eligible participants of IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022
The IsDB and the ILO invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions based in the IsDB – ILO common member States to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions that equip youths (15-35 years old) living in the IsDB – ILO common member States with the competencies required for supporting a just transition in their communities.
- Upskill or reskill youths for their effective participation in the green policy making processes for a just transition;
- Ensure peer-to-peer learning on just transitions and strengthen youth coalitions on the subject;
- Create or improve training programmes to equip youths with the technical and soft skills required for the green transition in a given sector / for a given occupation;
- Mainstream climate change into existing Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and education curricula and programmes for youths;
- Improve access to opportunities for green skills acquisition and recognition for marginalised youths;
- Support green skills trainers and training providers in becoming agents of a just transition for youths; and
- Translate employment creation, entrepreneurship or business ideas into solutions that accelerate upskilling or reskilling of youths for a just transition in the communities.
Any youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions with contractual and registered capacity that has been in existence for at least two calendar years prior to the call deadline. The applicant must be registered in IsDB – ILO common member States .
By organizations, networks or coalitions, we mean government agencies, employers’ and workers’ organizations, cooperatives, education and training institutions (including schools, training providers, and universities), NGOs and civil society organizations, and other educational and research institutions. We accept ideas and solutions at any stage of development. They can be early-stage innovations or at a more advanced stage. They can be ideas to improve, expand and/or promote a solution that is already being implemented. They can be the idea of a single organization or involve a joint collaborative effort of different actors, such as governments, employers’ and workers’ organisations. In case of a teamwork, a project leader should be identified to coordinate the activities and to report to the IsDB and ILO.
How to Apply for IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022
1st Application round
- Review the eligibility criteria for participation in the call, selection criteria for assessments, and the Terms and Conditions applicable to ILO Implementation Agreements specified in this Participants’ Guidelines.
- Fill in the Application Form (English ) (Arabic ) and submit by no later than 12 August 2022
Before preparing the application form, please -look at the list of Application Questions (English ) (Arabic ). We recommend preparing your application information and answers first using this list, as the online application form does not allow you to save an application before the submission. Also, please prepare a budget estimate using the Budget Template (English ) (Arabic ) and submit it on the Application Form.
Applications can be submitted in English or Arabic. Only the selected applicants for the 2nd application round will be contacted. No fee is required to participate in the Call for Proposals. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2nd Application round
- If your proposal is among the top 10 applications submitted, the lead applicant will be requested to submit an extended project proposal.
- The successful finalists must be available to attend the online mentoring training session (20 October-3 November 2022) and the online final pitch event (7 November 2022).
Prizes and benefits of IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022
Up to 10 finalists will receive mentoring and training for a period of one week to improve their projects. Following the period, 3 winners will be selected at the online pitch event and receive the following support:
Dates and deadlines for IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022
26 May 2022 – Launch of the call
12 August 2022 – Deadline for the submission of ideas
15 September 2022 – Announcement up to 10 finalists
20 October – 3 November 2022 – Mentoring and training sessions for the finalists
7 November 2022 – Final pitch event (online)
18 November 2022 – Announcement of the 3 winners at COP 27
January 2023 – Start of the Skills Innovation Lab
June 2023 – End of the Skills Innovation Lab If you have any questions regarding the Challenge Call in general or the application process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: Visit the Official Webpage of the IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2022