Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations
The Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations is an initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) which was launched to drive social impact through innovation, funded by the Islamic Development Bank(IsDB) and implemented by UNDP Europe and Central Asia.
Objectives of Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations
- The Tadamon Accelerator Program is an acceleration program for civil society organizations (CSOs) driving social impact through innovation, funded by the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and implemented by UNDP Europe and Central Asia. Their open call defines three (3) specific development challenges that the innovations should address.
- The Tadamon Accelerator seeks to strengthen innovation ecosystems in selected OIC Countries and forter an innovative mindset among CSOs that are part of the tadamon community.
- The Tadamon Accelerator aims to transform the way CSOs work and approach existing development challenges, promoting a new innovative mindset, establishing partner networks, and introducing problem-solving methodologies. To achieve this Tadamon Accelerator will partner with StartUpGrind to deliver the training and mentoring of CSOs using the BOOST Methodology developed by UNDP’s Innovation team. The BOOST “model” applies systems thinking by listening, making sense of what is emerging, and generating actionable intelligence about complex development challenges.
Thematic Focus of Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations
Tadamon Accelerator challenges CSOs to come up and develop new innovations around three main thematic areas. Participants are allowed to select one or more of these innovation areas, along which to develop their innovation, and it is strongly encouraged to have a cross-sectoral approach. Thematic Areas:
- Emergency medical response through CSOs (Respond)
- Education in Emergency (Respond)
- Build community resilience (Response)
Funding Information for Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations
The maximum number and amount of grants is communicated when launching the Tadamon Accelerator open call. Total grant value of US$ 460,000 to be distributed by UNDP in the following format, based on performance and final pitches of participating CSO, starting from US$ 10.000 up to US$ 40.000:
- First 3 get US$ 40,000 = US$ 120,000
- 3 get US$ 30,000 = US$ 90,000
- 6 get US$ 20,000 = US$ 120,000
- 13 get US$ 10,000 = US$ 130,000
Eligibility Criteria for Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022 for Civil Society Organizations
- UNDP, IsDB and ISFD agree on eligibility criteria during the conceptualization phase of co-designing new calls for innovations. Applicants may include Civil Society Organizations that are members on The Tadamon Platform including social enterprises, non-profit organizations, philanthropies, and academic institutions. Applying organizations must sign up and meet the criteria for membership on Tadamon Platform.
- At the stage of applying, and regardless of organization type, the applicants must present an innovation addressing the call’s defined development challenge. The innovation should have a potential for financial sustainability and scaling. Furthermore, the applicants should engage users, partners, and stakeholder in the development of their innovation, ensuring viability in its specific context.
- Tadamon Accelerator is a regional acceleration program, implemented by UNDP’s Istanbul Regional Hub,in partnership with ISDB and ISFD as part of the ISDB-ISFD NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction Program, that aims at increasing the role of the Civil Society Organizations in contributing to the socio-economic development of the member countries the Organisation of ISlamic Cooperation (OIC). Within this framework CSOs that are part of OIC Member Countries that have officially endorsed the program will be eligible to apply to the Tadamon Accelerator.
Country Registration: You are registered and planning to implement your project solution in one of the 32 OIC member countries. These countries are:
- Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Guinea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, State of Palestine, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Yemen. You will be asked to submit valid registration documents upon applying.
Also you must:
- Be a member of the Tadamon platform. (If you are not a member, You can sign up here.) All CSOs will be screened through the UNDP security platform and/or any other due diligence process.You have a minimum of two years of proven experience in project implementation.
- You must clearly demonstrate competence in both written and spoken English since the program will be conducted in English. In order to assess the language skills, interviews will be carried out for the short-listed organisations.
- Your project proposal must be clearly innovative and competitive.
For more information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Tadamon Accelerator Program 2022