The Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide has announced the 2022 Ocean Awareness Contest: The Funny Thing About Climate Change — challenges students to learn about climate change and its impact on the ocean, and to explore new ways to communicate the urgency of the climate crisis.
The Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Student Contest is looking for innovative pieces that challenge the expectations for what climate change messaging should look like. How can you talk about climate change in a fresh way? How can you capture attention without sacrificing your message?
The 11th annual Ocean Awareness Contest is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, explore their relationship to a changing world, and become advocates for positive change. Students ages 11-18 from around the world are invited to participate.
Why you should participate in the Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide
- Gain knowledge about climate change and its relationship to and impact on the ocean. Dive into Bow Seat’s Resource Studio to learn more about the issues; find artists and organizations taking action to protect our blue planet; and discover ways that you can get involved.
- Grow your skills in communication, critical thinking, creativity, and environmental advocacy. Use your artwork to raise awareness for critical environmental issues.
- Build your portfolio and make art in your preferred medium, or practice a new one! Add to your resume with a participation certificate.
- Showcase your talents worldwide. Through art exhibitions, publications, social media campaigns, and scholarships, Bow Seat uplifts diverse youth voices to advance dialogue and participation in ocean conservation and advocacy.
- Join Bow Seat’s global community of 24,000+ young people who care about the ocean, environmental justice, and climate action. Be inspired by the work of other young creators around the world.
- Be eligible for special opportunities, like the Future Blue Youth Council, a diverse group of young people working together to advance Bow Seat’s mission and to empower fellow peers to advocate for the environment
- Earn cash awards of up to $1,500!
Eligibility Criteria for Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide
- This is an international Contest and is open to students ages 11-18 who are enrolled in middle school or high school (or the homeschool equivalent) worldwide. Proof of age, identity, or eligibility may be required.
- Student who have started college or university are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Students ages 11-14 may enter the Junior Division. Students ages 15-18 may enter the Senior Division. Please enter the age division based on your age at the time of entry.
- Participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or legal guardian complete a Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Parent/Guardian Consent Form with their submission.
Application process for Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide
- Entries may be submitted by an individual or group of unlimited size. If you submit as a group, there must be one group leader who will serve as the contact person for the group.
- All of the names of the group members must be listed in the submission.
- All group members must meet age eligibility requirements (11-18 years old.)
- Award money will be split evenly among the group members.
- Submit in the age division of the group leader.
- A student may submit (i.e., have their name included in) only one entry per category. Therefore, a student may have a maximum of six different submissions, one in each category.
Benefits of Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide
The Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest application is totally free plus participants stand a chance to win Hundreds of cash awards available, ranging from $50 to $1,500.
The We All Rise Prize – Ten $750 awards in both the Junior Division (ages 11-14) and Senior Division (ages 15-18)—a total of 20 awards—will be offered to students in the U.S. who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or Latine in the 2022 Ocean Awareness Contest, and whose entries demonstrate notable artistic achievement in their chosen category.
The Voice of the Sea Award – Bow Seat recognizes two spoken word poetry submissions with Voice of the Sea Awards at the Gold-level in each age division: one $1,000 award for a Junior submission, and one $1,500 award for a Senior submission.
Deadline for the Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest for students worldwide
The Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest application portal will close on the June of 13, 2022
For more information, visit Bow Seat 2022 Ocean Awareness Student Contest Official Wedpage