The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) Young Leaders Development Funds 2022 are now accepting applications. The grant intends to improve, assist, and encourage the development of the country’s youth ecosystem. Individuals and organizations working in the seven thematic areas of interest will be eligible for awards.
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) is a five-year collaborative program of LEAP Africa, the MacArthur Foundation, and the Ford Foundation that aims to strengthen youth leadership in Nigeria through outcomes-driven policy engagements and inclusive resourcing that assists youth in shaping the country’s future long-term development plans.
NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds 2022 Thematic Areas
The seven thematic areas are the areas of interest for the project to promote, support and strengthen youth activities. The envisioned youth development by NYFF prioritizes the selected themes where policy gaps, identified issues and constraints to the full exploration of those sectors by the Youth seek to be bridged with the grants.
- Employment & Education
- Media, Sport, and Entertainment
- Peace Building & Security
- ICT and Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change and Environment
- Civic Participation
NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds 2022
- Micro Grant
- Small: $500–$1000
- Action grant: $1,000–$3,000
- Development grant: $3,000–$6,000
- Catalytic grant: $40,000
NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds Eligibility 2022
- The beneficiary must be a young changemaker (aged 15- 35 years) with a proven track record, working on a sustainable solution that directly addresses any of the seven thematic areas.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate good understanding and experience of strategic planning, vision setting and project management.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate experience and knowledge of community or team building following principles of honesty and integrity.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate talent and passion for new ways of behaving, norms and actions,
- The beneficiary must have genuine means of identification or attached to an institution.
- The beneficiary must supply a police clearance report and provide 3 reputable referees.
- The organization must be a formally registered organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria. Otherwise, an unregistered organization can form a cluster and apply through a registered organization.
- The organization must have a partnership capacity in all the states in their geo-political region.
- The organization must have police clearance, tax clearance and SCUML certificate.
- The organization must have good antecedents and proper track records.
- Youth-driven transformation activities, civic and transformation hub depending on the grant category, working on sustainable solutions that directly addresses any of the agreed thematic areas.
- The organization must have a physical address, corporate account with good financial standing and records.
- NPC Recruitment 2022 | National Population Commission Adhoc Staff Recruitment 2022 for Nigerians
- UN SDSN Youth Nigeria Climate Actors Accelerator Programme 2022
Application Deadline For NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds
The deadline for the NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds is June 15, 2022.
NYFF Young Leaders Development Funds 2022 Application
Applicants should submit a concept note/proposal, not more than 2,000 words, following the stated guidelines and proposal template Youth Leadership Fund Proposal Template:
- Organization or Individual background: Background of the organization or individual applying for the grants. Brief description of the individual/ organization’s purpose, relevant past experience and previous grant. (Max: 300 words)
- Initiative/idea to be implemented: Detailed proposed initiative and ideas in line with the thematic focus(s) of the specific grants of interest. The narrative should include the following:
- Problem Analysis
- Project goal and objectives
- Key activities/milestones
- Effectiveness of approach
- Intended beneficiaries
- Risks and Mitigation actions
- Sustainability plan
- Public awareness and dissemination
- Gender and social inclusion (Max: 600 words)
- Scope and Duration: The applicant must provide a detailed scope and delimitation of their proposal. Likewise, the proposed duration of implementation should fall within one year from the time of grant disbursement (Max: 200 words).
- Budget Plan: The applicant will be required to submit a simplified budget in line with the category of grant applied for, the small grant would be disbursed once (100%) and the other categories of grant would be disbursed in two tranches conditioned to milestone achievements (first tranche 50% and Last tranche 50%). The budget is advised to be structured considering the following
- 15% for Operation and Logistic
- 80% for Concept Implementation
- 5% for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan: This will consist of information on the indicators to measure based on your concept
- Attachment (Relevant documents): ID card for individual: CAC document, tax clearance certificate, organization identity information for organization.
- Referees: The applicants will provide three qualified and professional referees who can attest to your Individual/organization’s competence to deliver the proposed project (If possible, at least two of the referees should be from an existing or previous donors/partners).