Apply for the city of Johannesburg internship
Application is now open for City of Johannesburg Internship 2022. An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
DEPARTMENT: Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD)
BRANCH: Impact Management and Compliance and Monitoring
DESIGNATION: Internship REMUNERATION:
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R8 329.27 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student) : R3 500.00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Traduna House Braamfontein
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for city of Johannesburg internship:
- Matric plus a Diploma in Administrative or equivalent qualification registered at SAQA 5 / 6
- WHEREAS the institution envisages extending the training of the student by adding a practical or experiential training discipline hereinafter referred to as “training”, namely in the field of Administration as part of the existing courses/studies.
- Computer literacy – MS Office Applications,
- Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
PRIMARY FUNCTION of city of Johannesburg internship:
Provide an administration service to the Impact Management (IM sub-unit with regards to the registration and records management (including filling) in respect of development proposal application submitted to the City for comments and review.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Control the administrative requirements associated with Impact Management (IM)
- Provide general office clerical work requiring some independent judgment.
- Monitor the consolation, processing, and representation for functional information.
- Control workflow processes and output levels of work by providing administrative guidance.
- Problem analysis and solving,
- Office administration procedures.
- Customer service.
- Computer Literacy,
Contact Person: Apfeswaho Muruge
Tel No: (011) 587 4310/07
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
Leave a Reply