The ACEP NextGen Resource Governance Leaders Program is a six-month internship that aims to balance theory with real-world application and equip participants with the multi-disciplinary intellectual development, practical skills, and research abilities needed to solve complex governance challenges in more innovative ways. The program also serves as a plan for developing a pipeline of young pan-African leaders who can ensure a long-term route to good governance.
Through a structured capacity development approach, we aim to train and foster young people in an enabling working environment. Transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills will all be covered. Interns will be exposed to tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
ACEP is calling for applications for the third cohort of its ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The tenure for the internship will be from July 2022 to December 2022.
Eligibility For The ACEP NextGen Resource Governance Leaders Program
Applicants must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
- HiiLs Justice Entrepreneurship School Incubation Programme 2022 for early-stage East African Entrepreneurs
- Global Good Fund Fellowship 2023 for Social Entrepreneurs ($10,000 grant)
- Students For Liberty Local Coordinator Program 2022 For African Student Leaders
Benefits For The ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program 2022
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support.
- Creating room for creativity and innovation.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
Application Deadline For The ACEP NextGen Resource Governance Leaders Program 2022
The application Deadline for the ACEP NextGen Resource Governance Leaders Program 2022 is June 10, 2022
Application For The ACEP NextGen Resource Governance Leaders Program 2022
There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.