Do you have a creative, compelling idea you’ve been wanting to turn into something real? Apply now for the Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program – Summer 2022.
The Idea Accelerator is a program designed to be your onramp to entrepreneurship. At Builders + Backers, they believe great ideas exist in every corner of the country. As Winston Churchill once said, “There are plenty of good ideas, if only they can be backed with the power of action.”
With the Idea Accelerator, they are doing just that. They help you put your idea into action in a no-cost, no-risk way. The Builders learn and then apply world-class entrepreneurial ways to run short, high-impact tests of their ideas. No entity, business plan or traction required to apply. Bring your biggest and boldest ideas and let’s get started!
Programme Structure For Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
The program is entirely online, with the option of attending in-person events. Builders attend both large-group and small-group live sessions on a weekly basis. These sessions last between 1 and 2 hours. Builders can block off the times on their calendars because the events are pre-scheduled at the start of the program.
Builders are given self-paced learning modules each week. Builders prepare to run their experiments throughout the first 45 days of the program, and these modules are required. Builders are actively experimenting during the second 45 days, and all learning courses are optional but meant to provide extra insights and resources.
- ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program 2022 for Young Africans
- Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Grant Program 2022 (up to $2,000)
Benefits For Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
- The program equips participants with world-class entrepreneurial tools to test their idea, fueled by up to $5,000 no-strings-attached funding.
Eligibility For Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
- Open to aspiring entrepreneurs in the U.S.;
- If you are applying to participate in a community cohort, then you must be a resident of the city in which you are applying for;
- To apply for this opportunity, you do not need a certain job title, role or affiliation. You do not need to have an existing legal entity (e.g. a business or nonprofit organization). You don’t even need to be planning to start a venture. You simply need a problem you care about, an idea for addressing that problem, some early-stage thoughts on how you would experiment with that idea, and a willingness to learn.
Commitment For Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
- Total commitment is approximately 3 hours per week during the first 45 days and 3–5 hours per week during the experimentation phase. Most of this is self-directed, giving Builders the ability to do the work according to what works within their own schedules.
Application For Eligibility For Builders + Backers Idea Accelerator Program
Applications must be submitted by midnight on June 1, 2022. Those selected will be notified by June 10, 2022. For all participants, the program begins on June 16, 2022 and concludes on August 25, 2022.