Deadline: June 13, 2022
The University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications. Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech (EPIC-AT) Fellowships give trainees a minimum of $8,000 and Early Career Researchers a minimum of $10,000. Fellowships are designed to allow promising new academics to fully participate in a one-year intensive training program.
The curriculum will emphasize the development of new skills and gaining experience in transdisciplinary collaboration, stakeholder involvement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic, and the innovation and implementation process. Fellows will learn how to create, implement, and evaluate digital solutions that enable older Canadians with complex health requirements age safely, independently, and with dignity in their preferred location. The training and mentorship program’s projected time commitment is approximately 50-60 hours over the course of 1 year.
They expect to offer the following 1 year Fellowships in this 2022 call:
- 20 Masters, PhD, and Postdoctoral Fellowships at minimum $8,000
- 3 Early Career Researcher Fellowships at minimum $10,000
- Minimum 2 Fellowships to self-identified Indigenous trainees or ECRs
This represents the minimum value of fellowships. A number of postsecondary institutions and research institutes have agreed provide top up funding and/or travel funds to successful applicants from their institutions. Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for these additional funds; no additional application is required.
ALSO READ: Global Campus of Human Rights: Free Online Course on Children’s Rights
These fellowships are an opportunity for trainees and early career researchers to:
- gain in-depth, specialized expertise in developing, implementing and evaluating digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
- access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors.
- participate in value-added professional development training, internship and lab exchange opportunities.
- network with a community of AgeTech researchers and professionals
- receive support to identify and attain career goals.
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must participate full-time in their respective program at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be engaged in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT and willing to participate fully in the training platform program.
- Applicants may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC-AT Fellowship.
- The application is comprised of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note that this includes letters of reference.
- Applicants are strongly recommended to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using preferred word processing software.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you login, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password. Please select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5pm ET on June 13, 2022.
- Letters of support must be sent directly to email@example.com.
- Notice of Admissions will be received by August, 2022. Expected start date of fellowship is September 1, 2022
For more information, visit EPIC-AT Fellowship.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1
OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply