Remote Volunteer Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
Application is now open for Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers. The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide.
We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
Job Title: React Frontend Developer
Location: Nigeria (Online)
Host Entity: Noble Missions for Change Initiative
Duration: 12 weeks
Number of Assignment: 3
Sustainable Development Goal: 8. Decent work and economic growth
Expected Start Date: Invalid Date
Mission and Objectives of Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
- Noble Missions is a tech non-profit social enterprise based in Nigeria with support from volunteers all over the world.
- We deploy technology to realize the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Our vision is to see a world where technology is available and accessible to all citizens to foster sustainable development and reduce hunger.
- And our mission is using digital tools to advance education in Africa.
- The unemployment rate in Nigeria is high and growing. The assignment is to enable us to launch a web platform that would give university students opportunities to gain work experience and acquire work-ready skills while still in school. We believe this will boost their probability of getting employed after graduating.
Task Description For Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
- We are looking for three volunteers to join our team of developers to build the frontend of a web platform using React.
- The platform is to connect students to online internship opportunities.
- All the UX designs have been completed and we will provide the volunteers with all the necessary information.
- We will communicate with volunteers primarily through email and Slack.
- The volunteer will work in a team with other online volunteers.
Requirements For Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications and work experience
- Volunteers should be highly experienced in React, HTML and CSS.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?
- 1 – 5.
Application Deadline For Frontend Developer at United Nations Volunteers
18th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.