Flutterwave was formed on the belief that every African should have the opportunity to participate in and prosper in the global economy. To achieve this goal, we’ve created a secure payment infrastructure that allows African and international consumers and businesses to send and receive money without crossing borders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Operations Lead
Department: People & Culture
- We’re seeking for a People Operations Lead to support the People & Culture team and collaborate with other team members to ensure that Flutterwave employees have the best possible experience.
- Policy and Process Management:
- Periodic review of staff handbook, policies and procedures with support from the legal team to facilitate a better compliance stance
- Collaborating with the legal department to communicate the associated requirements with every applicable HR-based regulatory, legal and compliance training programs
- Staying up to date on every employee-based regulatory and legislative changes and/or modifications and ensuring that developments in rules and policies are restructured with HR practices, articles, policies, and systems
- Researching changes in rules and regulations, analyzing their effect on the company, and communicating findings report the leadership team
- Educate and Train:
- Educate employees about all regulatory and legal requirements that can affect the organization
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of HR compliance-based communications and training to employees
- Provide support in organizing routine People related Compliance Training
- Conducting background checks on prospective employees: which includes reference, address, previous employer verification, criminal records check
- Provide support in conducting employee-related investigations
- Handling sensitive employee data or reports in a discreet manner
- HR Audit:
- Provide support for all audit exercise, both internally and external.
Compensation and Benefit Administration:
- Ensure accuracy of all new hire benefits and appropriate enrollments
- Support in the preparation of monthly Payroll schedule
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Ensure all statutory remittances are administered for all categories of resources within regulatory timelines
- Track all employee contributions and company matches to ensure compliance with regulations
- Manage the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
HRIS Management – BambooHR:
- Set up new job titles and maintains protocol for position management; onboards new hires to HRIS system
- Oversee and maintain optimal function of the HRIS, which may include customization, report creation
- Collaborate with team leads and people team to identify system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions
- Manage permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HRIS users
- Ensure system compliance with data security and privacy requirements
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology.
- Collaborate with the People Business Partner (PBP) team to develop efficient systems for collection of information on performance
- Support in the design and review of policies related to employee performance
- Work closely with the PBP team to set performance objectives and update as necessary.
Employee Engagement / Relations:
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies and processes
- Advise employees, managers and PBP regarding policy interpretation
- Assist with the development of communication strategies for new policies, programs and procedures.
ALSO READ: Jumia Ongoing Employment Opportunities
- Manage in collaboration with the PBP’s and team leads the transition process of all categories of resources
- Ensure all exit documentations are fully executed by all stakeholders.
- Be a key player in the evaluation, implementations and support of all people ops projects
- Take responsibility for tracking timelines & milestones that will lead to the successful implementation of projects
- Participate in developing team goals, objectives, and systems
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies and Skillsets to be a Waver
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 3 years managing compensation & benefit as well as HR compliance
- Strong track-record in policy development and implementation with good verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced tech environment
- Tech savvy with good knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Offices
- Strategic thinker; deploying proactive approach in the execution of daily responsibilities
- Exhibit high level of understanding as regards confidentiality
- Ability to handle pressure/conflict
- Great team player/collaborator
- Excellent Interpersonal and problem-solving Skills
- Be honest and reliable
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1