Deadline: May 31, 2022
The Future Game Changers in Science and Technology Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. This is an open innovation challenge for anybody interested in science and technology game changers.
CRISPR/CAS gene editing, mRNA vaccinations, and Quantum Supremacy are just a few examples of recent scientific and technological advances that have or will drive great development and can be deemed game-changing for many years to come.
What do you think the next major thing in science and technology will be? It won’t be well recognized, won’t be in every newsletter, won’t be on everyone’s mind, but it will be promising, opening up new pathways for growth with incredible promise for humanity. Now is your chance to win 10,000 EUR by submitting your ideas for a “Future Game Changer.”
- Merck grants a EUR 10,000 reward to the best proposal based on the following criteria: uniqueness of suggested game changer (in comparison to what has already been widely publicized in the media), potential technological effect, Merck fit, and presentation excellence. The winning team will receive ten thousand euros and the opportunity to submit their findings to Merck scientists.
- Open to all individuals who are interested in engaging with Merck on the topic.
- This competition is not open to Health Care Professionals nor may participants be employed at a Health Care Organization.
- Novelty of proposed game changer (vs. what is already widely discussed in the media)
- Potential technological impact
- Fit to Merck
- Quality of presentation
Stage 1 is for submitting concepts:
- A non-confidential description of your idea.
- Short comments on how your submission fulfills the judging criteria.
Stage 2: They will invite selected participants to a workshop (up to 10).
- You present your idea to the scientists at Merck and the other participants of the challenge who were selected for this round.
- They will evaluate all presentations subject to the terms and conditions of the challenge and the criteria.