Deadline: June 30, 2022.
As part of the 2022 Digital Economy Summit, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center (USAfBC) in conjunction with AmChams across Africa, is hosting its annual Digital Innovation Competition for African Startups. The competition is targeted towards Digital SMEs and startups that are looking to facilitate the delivery of digital, cross-border, interoperable, and cross-domain services, and solutions, while also accelerating their digitally enabled growth.
The Digital Innovation Competition will award innovators, entrepreneurs, and startups for developing solutions through digital products and services while creating a positive impact on African citizens. This competition seeks to promote talent in the African region through social impact, digital initiatives that incorporate cutting-edge technologies, innovation, and creativity in the form of proposals that formulate solutions to different problems and opportunities in the region.
The competition will be focused on three broad thematic areas:
- Fintech and Cyber Solutions: covering data flow solutions, cross border digital platform solutions, mobile technology, intellectual property management, cyber security, and digital movement of creative art (movies, music, art).
- Sustainability & Supply Chain Solutions: covering smart manufacturing, e-commerce, management of shared economies, improvement to digital supply chain, logistics solutions to e-commerce businesses, and Agriculture technology (AgTech).
- Human Development & Social Services Solutions: covering digital health solutions, e-learning platform.
1ST PRIZE: The total Grand Prize package is worth $25,000. This includes $15,000 in prize money, a 6-month mentorship with a Fortune 500 Tech Company and a 1-year subscription to digital tools/platforms.
2ND PRIZE: The second prize include $10,000 in prize money, a 6 month mentorship with a Tech company and a six month subscription to digital tool/platform
3RD PRIZE: Third prize include $5,000 in prize money, a 3 month mentorship with a Tech company and a 3 month subscription to digital tool/platform.
5 REGIONAL CHAMPION: 5 regional champion will be named and collect $5,000 in prize money, a plaque of recognition and enjoy a 3 month mentorship with company within their thematic area.
The application for the Digital Innovation Competition can be accessed at www.uschamber.com/2022-the-africa-digital-innovation-competition. Applications are due on June 30th at 11:59 pm (EST). Questions regarding the competition must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions and answers will be posted to the website for all potential applicants.
Each applicant will need to fill out the online application form and upload or send a two-minute video pitch of their product/innovation on the website www.uschamber.com/2022-the-africa-digital-innovation-competition. The following questions will be required in the application:
- The full name(s) of the startup owner(s)
- Name of startup (must match exactly the name used to register at appropriate in-country registering body.
- Physical address, Website (if any), Email address, Phone number
- Type of Industry /Sector
In addition, applicants will be asked the following narrative questions about their startup:
- What sources of funding have you used to support your startup in the past 12 months?
- Is your startup currently open?
- What is your startup’s mission statement and goal?
- What challenges has your startup faced?
- Describe the impact that your startup has on the community during Covid-19?
- How do you anticipate using the prize, if selected as one of the winners?
For more Information:
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1