Deadline: May 17, 2022.
2022 Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants
Are you an interdisciplinary artist who has an interest in civic journalism, digital advocacy, internet democracy and social justice? Are you based in Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam and want to add Augmented Reality (AR) to your current creative practice?
Electric South, BlackRhino VR, Ona Stories and The Ford Foundation invite artists and technologists who are exploring issues around civic or social issues and digital storytelling to apply for the “Storytelling through AR Workshops.”
ALSO READ: 2022 Seedstars Migration Entrepreneurship Prize for African Entrepreneurs
The “Storytelling through AR Workshops” will take place over the course of two days in three cities across East Africa.
In each city, ten to fifteen interdisciplinary artists will engage in discussions and exercises, familiarising themselves with some key AR tools in order to think creatively about how AR can serve artistic practice. All meals during the workshop will be provided by the organisers.
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
- Currently living in the city where the workshops take place (Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam)
- Accomplished in an artistic field. Any creative discipline is welcome
- Experience in a creative technology field is preferred but not required
- They have up to $10 000 (USD) in micro-grants available for a select number of AR projects. Artists will retain full ownership of any work that is produced during the workshop and/or with grant funds.
- They also offer a menu of support for our lab alumni, which may include producing, creative and technical consultation, mentorship, industry networking, equipment loans, distribution, and more.
- Artists who’ve partnered with Electric South, BlackRhino VR and Ona Stories have gone on to produce immersive work, and many continue to explore emerging and immersive media in their current practice.
For more Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2022 Storytelling Through Augmented Reality (AR) Workshops and Grants
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1
OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply