The award recognizes young people’s endeavor to be effective and productive citizens, contributing to the welfare of their communities and environment, as well as institutions that improve the enabling environment and infrastructure for youth to make an impact.
The kingdom of Bahrain believes that investing in the capabilities, energies and ingenuituity of young people brings about the best yields for sustainable development and future well-being of any nation.
That is why, at the national level, the kingdom prioritizes pioneering initiatives that help youth enhance their capabilities—through training, skill-building, and experience-exchange, to expand their opportunities to choose a future that they desire and contribute to the welfare of their community.
Young people make up one-third of the world’s population. They are an extraordinary force for the present and the future. They have unprecedented access to education, knowledge and scientific advancements and they are more connected through information and communication technologies than ever before.
The Kingdom of Bahrain offers a set of initiatives in the field of youth empowerment and skills development stemming from the Kingdom’s great faith in youth as the engine of developmental processes and the purpose of development. They continue to invest in young people as they are the world’s best chance to delivering on vision of Agenda 2030 and fulfilling the promise of the SDGs to leave no one behind, in a world that is more equitable and freer of want.
It includes up to five awards, each including a financial prize of USD20,000.
There are 2 categories:
i) RECOGNIZING YOUTH CONTRIBUTION TO ACHIEVEMENT OF THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- This category is open to applicants from all UN member states.
- Applicants can be individual youth above the age of 15 years and below the age of 35 years; a youth-led entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 50% of current management/leadership is below age of 35); or a youth-focused entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 90% of resources serve youth above 15 and below 35 years of age).
- It includes up to five awards, each including a financial prize of USD20,000
- Each of the possible 5 awards will recognize a unique and successful development initiative by youth in one of the 5 key aspects of sustainable development covered in Agenda 2030, namely:
- People: Ending poverty and hunger in all forms;
- Prosperity: Ensuring prosperous and fulfilling lives in harmony with nature;
- Planet: Protecting our planet’s natural resources and climate for future generations;
- Peace: Fostering peaceful, just and inclusive societies; and
- Partnership: Forging solid partnerships to implement Agenda 2030.
ii) CATEGORY II RECOGNIZING ENABLERS OF YOUTH PARTICIPATION, ACTION AND IMPACT FOR SDGS ACHIEVEMENT
- This category is open to entities that that are legally recognized and registered in a UN member state, in one of the following four sectors:
- 1) the governmental and public sector;
- 2) the private sector;
- 3) NGOs, Professional and Labor Organizations and Foundations; and
- 4) the media.
- It includes up to three recognition awards. Winning submission from NGOs/Foundations only may be eligible for an accompanying financial prize of USD25,000.
- Each of the possible 3 awards will recognize an initiative enabling genuine youth engagement & action for sustainable development in one of the following areas of enabling:
- Institutional: Dismantling institutional barriers and/or creating opportunities for youth participation and action (for example, initiating a strategy, policy, regulations, laws, initiative, etc.).
- Financial: Providing young people access to start-up financing and/or tools for enterprise viability and development, including incubating initiatives, or similar assistance.
- Technical: Providing young people with knowledge assets. technical know-how, skill-building support, including incubating initiatives, or similar assistance.
- Digital: Providing opportunities for tele-contribution and online engagement for youth during COVID-restrictive conditions and beyond through the recovery and preparedness phase.
Eligible Regions: All UN Countries
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1