Deadline: April 21, 2022.
2022 One Young World/BP Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7 (Grant & Access to OYW Summit)
Application is now open for 2022 One Young World/BP Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7, According to the latest IEA estimates approximately 770 million people globally do not have access to electricity, with some of the greatest gaps in Africa and Asia. And yet, we know providing reliable and affordable energy has significant benefits for society and sustainable development, including improvements in health and wellbeing, education, and gender equality.
That’s why bp is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7 which aims to ‘ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all’ while the world’s demand for energy continues to increase.
bp’s purpose is to reimagine energy for people and planet – we want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives. And as part of our ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner and help the world get to net zero, we are on track to develop 50GW of renewable generating capacity by 2030 and we are exploring ways to make clean energy accessible to those who need it most.
This Lead 2030 Challenge aims to find and support innovative renewable energy solutions with the potential of substantially increasing the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix – welcoming solutions from young innovators that:
- Are working to improve current renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and biofuels
- Are exploring new technologies to produce the renewable energy sources of the future
- Are increasing access to and the affordability of renewable energy for all developing countries, in particular the least developed countries.
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 7 supported by bp. See ‘About’.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Market ready: Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester from 5 to 8 September
- A US$50,000 grant from bp
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of bp professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
For more Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the 2022 One Young World/BP Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1