Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) is pleased to announce that suitable individuals are invited to apply for the NLNG Scholarships Scheme 2022–2023. This scholarship is available to students at all levels of study. Everyone should keep an eye out for this annual scholarship.
Before applying for this scholarship, we recommend that you read through this page to discover everything there is to know about it, including who is eligible, how much the scholarship is worth, how to apply, the application date, and other key data.
NLNG offers scholarships.
Because education and human capital development are intrinsic and fundamental to national development, Nigeria LNG Limited continues to place a premium on these two areas.
The three primary levels of scholarship initiatives at NLNG are as follows:
- NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
1. NLNG Post Primary Scholarship
The program intends to help high-achieving basic six students in the company’s host communities pursue post-secondary education. The scheme began in 2012 with 28 beneficiaries and had grown to 342 beneficiaries by 2019, with a total expenditure of N825,300,000 ($2.697 million) to date.
Prospective students apply for the program on the company’s website and are accepted if they meet the advertised criteria. The best top candidates are then placed on the scheme after a selection test.
Eligibility for a Scholarship
Any potential recipient must meet the following criteria:
- Identify yourself as a native of the NLNG host communities.
- Be a standard 5 or 6 student.
- Give his or her five most basic results.
- Must provide an attestation letter signed and stamped by his or her school’s principal.
2. NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
In 1998, it was established as a crucial component of our education intervention program for our host communities, and in 2003, it was expanded to include the rest of Nigeria.
The scheme has helped 3,416 undergraduates from various Nigerian universities, and N768.9 million ($2.5130 million) has been invested in it. In 2012, the introduction of online applications and the use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination improved the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the selection process while also raising knowledge of the scheme.
The scholarship grant is worth N150, 000 per year for the duration of each awardee’s education. Starting in the 2018/19 academic year, the scheme was increased from 150 to 300 beneficiaries per year.
Eligibility for a Scholarship
Any prospective beneficiary must:
- Have excellent/very good West Africa School Certificate (WASC) or National Examination Council (NECO) result at ONE sitting
- Have a top score in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination
- Be a certified Full-Time Year-One student of any Nigerian University at the time of application
- Not be on any other Scholarship Award from other companies or agencies
- Not be a spouse, child, ward, or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG’s 2022 Undergraduate Scholarship
Those interested should apply using the link below. All applications must include scanned versions of the following documents as attachments:
- Passport-sized photographs
- WASC or NECO result
- JAMB Result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of identification
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details as these will be used to communicate the status of the application
- The application will be disqualified:
- For incomplete attachments
- Non-adherence to advertised criteria.
3. NLNG Overseas Post Graduate Scholarship
This scheme was launched in October 2012, with a 15-person annual intake to study at top UK universities.
Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law, and Medicine are among the subjects covered under the plan.
The 2019 recipients have begun their studies at a variety of UK universities. The scheme has benefited 78 persons so far, at a cost of N1.308 billion ($4.27 million).
Scholarships are available at the University of Aberdeen, the University of Cranfield, and the University of Nottingham.
Field of Study:
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences
- Information Technology
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law, Medicine
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC program
- No less than an 8.0 IELTS
- Be no more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their LGAs
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2018
- Be able to obtain a tier-4 visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2018 if selected
- Not be a direct relative of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
How to Apply for NLNG Scholarships in 2022: A Step-by-Step Guide
To apply for NLNG Scholarships successfully, follow the procedures below.
- Visit NLNG Scholarships official website and select a form for the eligible category.
- Select your category (e.g Undergraduate)
- Once you select a category, click on “REGISTER”, you’ll be redirected to the application form
- Once you’re done filling out the form, click on “SUBMIT” Please review the form before you submit it to affirm all information is correct.
NLNG Scholarships Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship application is Monday, 18th, April 2022.
For further enquires, Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details
So, what’s next?
After submitting your scholarship application, you must wait for your name to be shortlisted before proceeding to the screening/interview.
If you want to be one of the next scholars to get this coveted honor, you’ll need some advice on how to ace your interview.
Another tried and true method for winning NLNG Scholarships is to study for the exams. Past Questions and Answers. It will give you an insight into what you should expect in your test.
Past NLNG Scholarships Questions
The NLNG Scholarships Past Questions and Answers will offer you with the most recent past questions that appear to be similar to NLNG Scholarships Past Questions so that you may practice.
We are confident that our materials will assist you in passing the screening.
Who can apply for NLNG Scholarships?
Post-primary, undergraduate, and postgraduate students are eligible for the NLNG scholarship.
How many students receive NLNG Scholarships each year?
- Post Primary – 342 beneficiaries
- Undergraduate – 150 beneficiaries
- Post Graduate – 15 beneficiaries