UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme -Ghana (Fully-funded)
Shaping today’s innovators, developing tomorrow’s leaders!
Do you have the drive to lead change, and would like to have the skill sets to do so?
Do you want to be an ICPD Ambassador and advocate for SRHR rights of young people in Ghana?
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. In support of our mandate on young people, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme which aligns to the United Nations’ Youth Strategy and calls on UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”. The YoLe Fellowship Program also supports Government’s priorities on youth development (Ghana National Youth Policy, 2010).
About the Programme:
The YoLe Fellowship is a year-long programme designed to empower Fellows to be ICPD ambassadors for UNFPA’s mandates. It builds the capacity of young people for the job market including the UN system by providing opportunities for professional and career development as well as training in driving health-innovation. Fellows also have access to one-on-one high-level mentorship from high achieving personalities within different sectors. For more information about the Fellowship, visit the UNFPA Ghana website: https://ghana.unfpa.org/en/publications
The applicant must be:
- Aged between 18 – 26 years
- A graduate of a tertiary institution in Ghana
- Able to commit to the Fellowship duration (one year)
- Proactive and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in English (possess working knowledge of English) — (important for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
- Passionate about SRHR and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in their community: specifically, demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (See http://www.unfpa.org/about- us)
If you meet the above criteria, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites you to apply for the 4th Cohort of the UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship (June 2022 – May 2023).
Interested applicants should submit:
- An application letter (not more than one page), stating their professional goals and why they are applying for the Fellowship
- Legal evidence of age
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org later than 11th April, 2022.
- Please use the subject line: Application Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Programme (2022-2023).
- No late applications will be accepted
Only shortlisted candidate for UNFPA Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship