Deadline: May 1, 2022.
Nordic Africa Institute African Guest Researchers’ 2022 Scholarship Programme (Fully Funded)
Nordic Africa Institute African Guest An opportunity for early career researchers in Africa to pursue their own research projects in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. The purpose of the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for early career researchers based in Africa to work and develop their ongoing research at the Nordic Africa Institute. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment. Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute aims to contribute to building capacity in the production of knowledge about Africa, and to promote and establish relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
The scholarship programme is directed at early career researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research. The research topic should be within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities, and with a focus on contemporary Africa. The research should also be relevant to the core principles of the UN Agenda 2030, as indicated in the NAI 2022-2026 Strategy External link..
The programme is open to two main categories of early career researchers:
- Staff employed by an African-based university or research center who are enrolled on a doctoral programme in the African region and who do not have access to an international scholarship
- Postdoctoral researchers (within 5 years or less of PhD completion).
The Institute strives to achieve a fair distribution of scholarship positions in regards to gender and geographic focus.
- The scholarship includes a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of 400 SEK (approx. 40 USD) per day plus an installation grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. 250 USD) and access to a workspace, including a desk computer, in a shared office at the Institute. Please note that the subsistence allowance will be provided only for the days spent in Uppsala.
- The Institute’s library is specialized in literature on contemporary Africa and focuses on Social Sciences. Furthermore, Guest Researchers have access to the Uppsala University Library and to the Library of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Guest Researchers have the possibility to present their research at the Nordic Africa Institute and to visit other institutions in the Nordic countries.
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- Up-to-date CV, including list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of research project, 5 pages:
- A well elaborated research proposal
- A work plan, including expected results, specific for the time spent at the Institute
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field, which confirms current work place/affiliation and field of research
- It is also possible to apply through regular postal service. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here: Nordic Africa Institute African Guest Researchers’ 2022 Scholarship Programme (Fully Funded)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP