Deadline: 31 March 2022
Cape Town Magazine Internship 2022 for South Africans
Over the past year CapeTownMagazine.com has created an incredible array of success cases and testimonials with regards to the impact it’s created for the smallest and most unique SMEs, from a coffee shop around the corner to an adventure company in Ceres – and big brands like Uber and MTN. What ties them all together is that they’re joyous companies wanting to spread the word with CapeTownMagazine.com.
Now, how this all comes together is through a clear sales, marketing and comms strategy across both consumer and B2B channels.
We’re looking for: An organisational and marketing comms intern to help us in the (creating) organising, structuring and rolling out of our sales, marketing and comms strategy.
The picture below is a core value in the company, with other core values being “The Test Kitchen”, and “unclicking the clique-iness”. If you’re intrigued, carry on reading.
You’re charged by our mission: “To have a DNA changing impact on this place”.
You’re not “a do-er”, you’re a “getting it done” person. You’re not the talker but the architect, engineer and builder behind the scenes. You’re not just detail oriented. You love detail.
You have a desire to improve your talent for project management. You’re keen to learn creative marketing comms, but because you’re forever learning, already know specific smart courses or fields you’d like to get stuck into.
You want, not just an opportunity to learn, but to grow into a traineeship, and later permanent, this year.
You’re responsible for the co-creation and implementation for the sales, marketing and communications strategy into the practical marketing plan and customer success plan.
Organising all success stories, testimonials, anecdotes, core values and methodologies used, for use across channels.
Helping in the creation of the strategy and implementing this across channels to different target audiences. They range range from the broader audience (our readers) across channels (all social, site and newsletter); the Industry Impact Initiative small businesses (IG and newsletters); as well as targeted strategy towards Brand & Marketing managers and agencies for- special brands we’d love to have impact for (wallpapers, LinkedIn, DM-strategy).
Practical and well-planned implementation and activation across channels using Monday.com
Helping to build a solid customer success matrix through personas and message matrix across the journey from first message to returning client; understanding the needs and wants of the different potential clients for both our brands and industry products and value & services focus in their journey.
A marketing graduate or finishing your marketing comms degree (or comparable)
Highly organised and highly structured
A knack for planning and project management
Excellent use of the English language
Very clear communicator
You solve problems practically and efficiently
- You’re goal-driven and love details
- Full commitment to 6-month internship, with option for permanent role
They live and play to our core values: Test Kitchen; Comfort Zone vs Magic; Unclicking the Clique-iness. In other words, if your idea of a good time is sitting at home every weekend reading or Netflixing, this is probably not for you.
This opportunity is for a bright, ambitious digital and social media savvy young person, aspiring to enter the digital industry. You will be working under the guidance of seniors in the content and business team.
The ideal candidate is a social media geek, who lives on social media and loves to play around with design, video, tools and apps. Has a visual eye and gets excited by learning about the ever-changing social media world. Has good English copy writing skills or interest.
The opportunity best suits a young person ready to start working in digital media and marketing.
Under the guidance of our senior editors you will:
- Create and schedule social media posts
- Curate social media feeds
- Create, schedule and publish push notifications
- Community management
- Organise the Weekend Takeover Program
- Take part in brainstorming sessions
- Pitch new ideas, what we call discoveries
- Support to the editorial team and business teams
- Produce content (from events to features)
- Assists on partner projects
- Assist with feedback reports (capturing stats)
- Research, fact-check and update overviews and put together new overviews
- Conduct interviews, research and collect accurate information for overviews and features
- Source photos and videos and edit pictures using image editing software
- Learn and incorporate SEO best practice into the articles
- Learn and master our content management and production systems
- Loves digital, social media and social media tools
- Lives on social media platforms (don’t apply if you’re not on social media)
- Keen to learn copywriting for different social media platforms
- Strong researching skills as well as sourcing and curating social media feeds
- Photography skills/Producing reels (advantageous)
Personality and characteristics
- Forever evolving and eager to learn
- Willing to get out of your comfort zone
- Curious, loves to discover
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms
- Positive attitude
- Likes to be organised and systematic
If interested, send your CV (including your social media handles – Instagram + TikTok) and a short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org (please use “Application for Social Media Internship” as your email subject line).
Deadline: Applications close on 31 March 2022. If you do not receive a response two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a social media challenge and a personality test.
For more Information: Visit the website for Cape Town Magazine Internship 2022 for South Africans
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP