Deadline: April 7, 2022.
Young African Leadership Programme for African Policy Experts in Florence, Italy 2022
The European University Institute’s School of Transnational Governance launched the second call of its Young African Leadership Programme financed by the European Commission.
In Autumn 2022, the selected mid-career policy professionals from Africa will fine-tune their global leadership skills during a three-month fully-funded training programme in Florence, Italy. The Young African Leadership Programme is aimed at mid-career African public servants, journalists, entrepreneurs and civil society leaders. The School of Transnational Governance (STG) is looking for applicants with a keen interest in pan-African issues, including peace, security and governance; gender and inclusiveness; migration and mobility; education, science, and skills development. Other issues on the programme’s agenda are climate change and resilience; the private sector, trade and investments; technology and digital transformation; and public health.
The structure of the Programme will be as follows:
- Executive Training Seminars on thematic issues;
- Professional Development Workshops, providing a set of leadership skills, tools and concrete case studies;
- Study Visits to EU institutions, relevant academia, and international organisations
- Final individual written assignment
- Award of the YALP certificate of attendance
- Connection to network of scholars and practitioners knowledgeable in relevant transnational governance
- The Programme targets mid-career, high potential policy-makers, diplomats, and professionals from Africa, working in national and local authorities, regional, continental, international organizations and development partners, civil society organizations, academia, media and private sector, in Africa.
- More precisely, the Programme is open to professionals (M/F/X), mid-career and executives alike, who are nationals of African countries, residing in Africa
- Applicants who are up to the age of 35.
- The three-month leadership programme takes place from the 1 September 2022 to the 30 November 2022.
- Fellowships are fully-funded with a grant of € 2,500 per month.
- The selected African fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their stay. The language of the Programme is English.
- Where possible, the STG will seek to integrate French. The Programme has an intensive training schedule, and is therefore a full-time and fully-funded fellowship scheme.
For more information visit the official webpage of Young African Leadership Programme for African Policy Experts in Florence, Italy 2022