Deadline: April 1, 2022.
2022 Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University for South Africa
The Mandela Scholarship is intended for South African students, who want to study at Leiden University for one semester in order to extend their knowledge and contribute to the development of South Africa. The following are eligible study areas: Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
Applicants must be:
- Permanent residents of South Africa.
- Enrolled at a South African University.
- Motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa.
- Students must return to South Africa after their studies.
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees for a one-semester study abroad programme (if applicable)
Note: exchange students are exempted from tuition fees on the basis of the exchange agreement
- Living allowance: € 1000 per month
- Insurance sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Leiden University’s Scholarships Team.
ALSO READ: DBE Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) Phase III To Commence by April
- Submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University.
- Once you have been admitted to an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela scholarship application form.
- Submit your completed scholarship application form as scanned email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to attach all required documents, namely:
- Exchange/study abroad admission letter from Leiden University
- Scholarship motivation letter
- Recent transcript of records from your South African University
- Up-to-date CV
- Photocopy of your valid passport(s)
- Two original letters of recommendation (one of which should be from an academic staff member)
- Documentation showing the status of any other grants you have applied for
- Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself in the Netherlands (the Mandela scholarship does not cover all expenses). This can take form of:
- a student grant letter showing the exact amount and duration of your grant, or
- a recent bank statement in your name, or
- a notary statement declaring that your parents have sufficient financial means to support you.
For more Information:Vaccisit the Official Webpage of the 2022 Mandela Scholarship Fund at Leiden University for South AfricansFICIAL LINK
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1 OR WHATSAPP 2 OR WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply