Helb Subsequent Application 2022
In todays latest Helb News – We are going to show you how you can apply for Helb Subsequent Loan Application.
These loans are for students pursuing their studies in Public or Chartered Private Universities within the East African Community, placed either through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), Self-sponsored, Parallel and Module II Students studying for a Bachelor’s Degree only. Pre-University, Certificate, Diploma or Postgraduate students are not eligible to apply for this loan. The loan attracts interest of 4% and Kshs. 1,000 ledger per year. Students are advised to apply for the loan at least one month before the opening date to allow ample time for processing.
Type of Loan Application
There are two types of undergraduate loan applications:
First Time Application-This is for applicants who are applying for the first time.
Second & Subsequent Application-This is for applicants who are applying for the second, third, fourth time as per the program duration.
Note: The number of loans one is eligible for depends on the program duration. For example, one is given loan 4 times for a 4-year program or 5 times for a 5-year programme.
How to apply on the HELB App as a second and Subsequent applicant
- Applicants should visit Google play store and download the HELB Mobile Application.
- Register your details (First name, Phone, Email Address, National ID and KRA PIN number) on the HELB App to generate a PIN which you will use to log in and accept the license agreement. Ensure that you use the Safaricom number that you use for Mpesa transactions and it should be registered in your name
- Read the mandatory Financial literacy notes and undertake a brief Question & Answer to appreciate the purpose of credit. Scroll down to view results then click “proceed”.
- Click on loans then select undergraduate loans to get the Undergraduate Subsequent Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Follow each step to fill in the required details and submit. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed
NB: You will be required to pay Kshs. 1 from your MPESA account during the application process to verify your telephone number. Please note, the application is paperless hence no printing.
- Students that are not Safaricom subscribers will be directed to the Portal and apply using the application form, after which they will be required to print and submit the form to the HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1 Floor at Anniversary Towers
Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Program
- Recent beneficiaries of the Undergraduate Loan
- Students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service [KUCCPS] in the local public and private universities
- Self-Sponsored, Parallel and Module II Students studying for a Bachelor’s degree only [Certificate, Diploma, Pre-University and Postgraduate students ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PRODUCT]
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP