Deadline: February 27, 2022.
CyberGirls cybersecurity Fellowship Programme for Young Girls and Women in Africa
CyberGirls is a 1-year fellowship that equips girls with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world. This initiative contributes to achieving SDGs 1 – No Poverty, 4- Education, 10 – Reduced inequalities.
The learning journey has been designed to begin with digital literacy and systematic progress from basic cybersecurity concepts to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning. Midway through the fellowship, beneficiaries will choose and focus on one of the following tracks/career paths.
- THREAT INTELLIGENCE: Learn to use data generated by networks, applications, and other IT infrastructure to assess and improve organizations security posture.
- INCIDENT ANALYSIS/RESPONSE (SOC ANALYST LEVEL 1): Covers various incident analysis tools and techniques that support vulnerability analysis , intrusion detection, attack protection, and network/resources repair.
- CLOUD SECURITY: Learn and apply basic network security techniques in the cloud environment, assess levels of risk and recent vulnerabilities that apply to cloud services.
- IT SECURITY AUDIT: This covers the fundamental knowledge of Security auditing. What IT Security Audit is, It’s importance and how it can be conducted.
- PENETRATION/VULNERABILITY TESTING: Learn the basics of penetration/vulnerability testing. Using software and command line tools for scanning, reckoning and exploitation.
- Girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old
- Interested in starting a career in cybersecurity
- Willing to commit 7 months to the fellowship
- Undergraduates and graduates
- Residents in Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, South Africa, Kenya Rwanda and Zambia.
Only the best CyberGirls beneficiaries who successfully complete the training will graduate and
upon graduation, will (based on availability and suitability) be offered internship/job placement
opportunities within Africa and across the world.
For more information visit the official webpage of CyberGirls cybersecurity Fellowship Programme for Young Girls and Women in Africa
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP